Solid state screening
Understanding the physical properties of an active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) is integral to obtaining a developable solid form. By discovering the most suitable form, API stability, solubility, bioavailability and processability may be improved and solid form risks mitigated. As a world leader in solid form screening studies, Cambrex delivers unrivalled solid form work programs designed to identify the most suitable form of active pharmaceutical ingredients for further development.
We aim to be flexible and deliver timely, phase appropriate, and cost-effective solutions. Our work programs include amongst others:
- Salt screening
- Co-crystal screening
- Crystallization screening
- Polymorph screening
- Hydrate mapping
- Chiral resolution (enantiomeric) screening
- Intellectual property (IP) solid form screening
- Particle morphology engineering
- Single crystal X-ray diffraction structure elucidation (SC-XRD)
- Powder X-ray diffraction (PXRD) method development
- Amorphous solid dispersions
- Comprehensive physical and chemical properties testing employing a broad range of analytical techniques
Our solid form screening work programs can be seamlessly progressed into crystallization process development studies, scaling the nominated solid form from milligram to multigram scale in preparation for further manufacturing.
In addition to our small molecule solid form screening services, Cambrex is a pioneer in the field of peptide crystallization, leveraging our expertise and understanding of crystal formation and thermodynamics to allow initial crystallization of peptides followed by the development of custom, scalable crystallization processes for further manufacturing.
Cambrex solid state services can be used on a stand-alone basis or as part of a comprehensive drug development program.
Find out more
For more information about our solid-state science services, get in touch with the Cambrex team.