Performing maintenance and mechanical duties ranging in responsibility from preventative maintenance and repair activities, troubleshooting equipment failures and ability to perform a variety of technical tasks relative to assigned area of responsibility in a cGMP chemical facility.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Diagnose problems and repair malfunctioning rotating equipment.
- Measure, cut, fit and assemble threaded, welded and glued joint pipe.
- Replace appropriate pump and agitator seals.
- Responsible for maintenance of all equipment control systems plant wide.
- Take readings, test steam chemicals, operate and maintain boilers in steam plant.
- Oversee maintenance and operation of cooling towers, ammonia compressor for glycol cooling, site air compressor with dryers, and fire protection systems.
- Maintenance and operation of WFI system. Perform test on WFI water.
- Complete set ups, as required.
- Complete safe work permits.
- Welding repair and fabrication work as needed.
- Assist with installation of new equipment.
- Perform minor calibrations as needed.
- Responsible for minor repair work on all fork trucks.
- Responsible for monitoring operational status of emergency generator.
- Ability to utilize the CMMS to locate spare parts in Maintenance Stores area.
- Unload bulk liquids from tank trucks. Perform quality sampling.
- Occasional activities relating to departmental goals, not specifically detailed in this section.
High school diploma and technical training. 5 years of on the job training in the electrical and mechanical field. Extensive knowledge of equipment such as boilers, chillers, electrical, plumbing, HVAC and building automations systems desirable. Must be able to lift and/or carry objects weighing up to 50 lbs.