Cambrex is the small molecule company that provides drug substance, drug product and analytical services across the entire drug lifecycle. Known for our scientific and manufacturing excellence and customer focus, we offer a range of career opportunities across our global network of locations. As a team, we share one goal – to improve the quality of life for our customers’ patients across the world.
As Supervisor Material Management, you will have the overall responsibility for managing the site’s material management operations and execute tasks necessary relative to materials scheduling, customer service, shipping, receiving, purchasing, supply chain management and production scheduling.
Additionally, you will lead site efforts in implementing and maintaining the site’s ERP (MRP) system and lead the efforts to harmonize Materials Management across Cambrex sites.
- You will work closely with the Cambrex procurement team to support site strategic and tactical procurement activities.
- Lead contract negotiations with local suppliers driving cost savings
- You will be responsible for leading inventory right sizing initiative.
- You will also motivate site teams to develop and implement cost reduction program, improve delivery performance, and eliminate returns.
- Drive safety and GMP compliance of shipping, receiving and warehouse associates and systems
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management or equivalent.
- 3+ years’ experience in supply chain organization with increasing responsibility.
- Supervision experience preferred.
- Enterprise Resource Management (ERP) / MRP systems experience required.
- SAP Materials Management (MM) module experience preferred.
- Experience with BatchMaster (ERP for Process Management) software a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of FDA, EU, ICH requirements.
- Strong understanding of GMP procedures and standards.
- Proven ability to lead functional teams to build and standardize ERP and MRP systems within and across sites.
- Leadership and management experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to think strategically.
- Communicate well orally both for internal customers and team members as well as external customers.
- Ability to write reports and manage timelines.
- Efficient worker
- Customer focus
- Driven (we prefer to foster growth and promote internally)
- Ability to troubleshoot and develop a variety of methods to perform to a high degree of reproducibility
Cambrex is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.