Position Title: Sr Process Chemist
Job Location(s): Longmont, CO
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Type: Full Time
Starting Salary Range: Competitive
Job Requisition #: 18074
Cambrex (www.Cambrex.com) is seeking a highly motivated, energetic, results-oriented individual to join our team of dedicated professionals focused on customer service and quality. We are currently accepting resumes.
• As Sr Process Chemist, you will devise new processes and optimize existing routes for the cGMP manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs).
• You will execute laboratory-scale synthetic operations and solve process chemistry issues with sound, innovative strategies.
• Additionally, you will conduct and document process optimization studies (e.g., DoE and QbD) and apply changes to the modified route.
• As Sr Process Chemist, you will lead scientific research projects and / or mentor other scientists.
• Also, you will comply with all safety, health, and environmental requirements.
• Minimum of Master’s Degree in Organic Chemistry with at least 5+ years of relevant experience with process chemistry in an API manufacturing or pharmaceutical environment or PhD in Organic Chemistry, with 3+ years of experience in process chemistry.
• Process chemistry and/or cGMP manufacturing experience in a CDMO or pharma company is desirable.
• Familiar with current FDA regulations and ICH guidelines.
• Strong background in Organic Chemistry, including state-of-the-art and industry-standard synthetic techniques as well as associated analytical capabilities.
• Demonstrated laboratory and analytical skills, and the ability to work in an interdisciplinary team environment.
• Verbal and written communication skills: ability to communicate results both internally and externally (client) in presentations and reports.
• Computer skills pertinent to advanced word processing and spreadsheet manipulation, as well as document generation using Microsoft PowerPoint and ChemDraw.
• Data analysis and innovative problem-solving skills are considered essential.
Cambrex is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.