Cambrex Corporation (Cambrex) is a global contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) that provides drug substance, drug product, and analytical services across the entire drug lifecycle. With over 35 years’ experience and a growing team of 2,000 experts, Cambrex is headquartered in East Rutherford, NJ, Cambrex and has twelve operational sites across North America and Europe.
- The main purpose of the Solid Form Scientist is to carry out solid form screening projects to the highest technical standards, on the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) for clients of Cambrex. Also, to facilitate closure of projects with minimal lead-time, whilst maintaining compliance to quality and safety systems, so that clients can progress development of their product/API.
- BSc / Masters / PhD in chemistry or in appropriate area of solid-state chemistry.
- > 2 years industrial experience in a pharmaceutical company / contract research organization.
- Experience in polymorph, salt, co-crystal, and/or crystallisation screening for APIs.
- Experience in pre-formulation development of APIs
- Experience in solid-state analytical techniques (e.g. XRPD, DSC, TG/DT, microscopy, DVS, single crystal X-ray diffraction) and more general spectroscopic (e.g. NMR, FT-IR, Raman) and wet chemistry techniques.
- Familiar with working within ISO9001 and/or cGMP quality standards.
- Experience in working independently and within a team in an R&D environment.
- Experience with working safely in a lab environment and adhering to local SHE policies.
- Able to participate in client meetings and discuss technical data clearly and succinctly.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Be well organised and able to manage high workloads.
- Able to meet deadlines and plan one’s own work effectively.
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills.
- Be commercially aware of business development needs.
- Knowledgeable of the pharmaceutical development continuum of APIs.