Reporting to the Business Unit President, the Site Director/General Manager will lead and direct business strategies and activities to ensure a harmonious and effective work environment that enables the site to achieve profitability and business objectives in a timely manner. The chosen candidate will excel at managing all functions of the operation and will effectively lead within a matrix structure.
This role will focus on identifying and implementing continuous process, productivity, and cost improvements through all areas of the operation. The Site Director/General Manager will be a catalyst for change and will have the experience to prioritize change initiatives based on the business needs and organizational readiness.
This role has end to end accountability for implementing and enhancing process improvements for production and customer supply at the site making sure that high quality product gets delivered on schedule and within budget. This role will build a culture focused on delighting customers and achieving financial goals. Accordingly, the selected candidate will excel at communicating with both internal and external stakeholders.
The role is the lead member of the Site Leadership Team providing leadership, mentoring, and guidance to achieve overall site objectives. The Site Director/General Manager will be a catalyst for change and will have the leadership skills to inspire people reach their full potential.
- Interface with colleagues from the company’s Commercial / Business Development group to support and enable strong customer partnerships and to attract new business.
- Establish and communicate a vision for a world class manufacturing operation. Implement appropriate, state-of-the-art operational policies and practices to ensure customer satisfaction and maximize ROI.
- Shape the strategic direction of the site by being an effective member of the business unit leadership team.
- Lead change, focus resources and create a robust Quality and Compliance culture.
- Inspire and lead the team, building a strong rewarding environment within which people are motivated to achieve higher results and delight the customer.
- Lead and drive strong business and financial competency. This role has full accountability for manufacturing materials, COGs and the P&L. The chosen candidate will develop performance metrics and reporting processes to ensure the organization is clearly aligned to the objectives and results for the business.
- Ensure all manufacturing activities comply with global compliance regulations, relevant acts, legal demands and the company’s Code of Conduct. Ensure product and facility compliance with all relevant regulatory bodies in all target markets with a focus on EMA, TGA and FDA compliance.
Structure & Organization:
- Plan the optimal utilization of headcount (both permanent and temporary), equipment and material through effective production control techniques to achieve budget, product quality, compliance and timely supply objectives.
- Make a positive impact through effective customer focused leadership. Ensure the organization structure and culture are aligned to the company’s customer centric values.