Cambrex is the small molecule company that provides drug substance, drug product and analytical services across the entire drug lifecycle. Known for our scientific and manufacturing excellence and customer focus, we offer a range of career opportunities across our global network of locations. As a team, we share one goal – to improve the quality of life for our customers’ patients across the world.
This position is the key administrative support for the Cambrex High Point site. Role will maintain the front desk which is critical to our organization. The role will support the HR Manager with all areas related to manager and employee relations. Provides support to the site leadership team and facilities.
- Direct report to site Human Resources Manager to ensure proper support of site leadership and employees.
- Supports HR department in the areas of recruitment, hiring, onboarding, benefits, employee relations and other HR support as needed.
- Manages calendars, makes travel arrangements, coordinates site visits for clients, vendors and Cambrex visitors.
- Greets visitors/vendors and ensures proper procedures are followed per our SOP for visitors on-site.
- Responsible to maintain uniform inventory for the site and order/turn-in uniforms based on need.
- Setup interview schedules and new hire agendas. May facilitate onboarding orientation program.
- Order all office supplies and maintain inventory for each department.
- Participates in the Cambrex NA Spirit Committee as an active member and helps in supporting the CHP Spirit Team events.
- Keeps employee files updated by ensuring any new actions/medical notes/payroll notes have been filed properly.
- Maintains the employee CV files and facilitates the updates as needed.
- Contacts vendors as needed for repairs on copiers and other office equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- HS Diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- HR Experience or HR training/schooling a plus. Basic understanding of employment laws.
- 2-5 years experience in an office support role or similar
- Excellent computer skills to include MS Office Suite
- Confidentiality is a critical skill to success in this role.
- Analytical – Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Quality Management – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.