At Cambrex, it’s our people that set us apart. We work locally and have an impact globally. We’re committed to attracting, nurturing, and retaining a passionate and talented team of experts in our fast paced and growing company. You will be valued and recognized. We offer an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Life, LTD, generous vacation in your first year, sick time, and retirement savings!
Cambrex is the small molecule company that provides drug substance, drug product and analytical services across the entire drug lifecycle. Known for our scientific and manufacturing excellence and customer focus, we offer a range of career opportunities across our global network of locations. As a team, we share one goal – to improve the quality of life for our customers’ patients across the world.
As a Senior Talent Acquisition Partner, you will collaborate with Hiring Managers and HR Business Partners to understand and anticipate hiring needs and proactively identify strategic recruiting solutions to meet those needs. Manage the full cycle recruitment process for all open positions in assigned business units with a focus on identifying and tapping into new sourcing resources and utilize proactive techniques to recruit diverse, high value candidates. Engage in tactical and strategic sourcing to help business units proactively source and place top talent. Redefine and redesign current recruitment processes to better meet the strategic needs of Cambrex.
- Recruitment Cycle: Serves as an ambassador of Cambrex when reaching out to candidates; cold calling candidates for positions and acting professionally in representing the company. Understands the culture and environment, the market, the services provided, the strategic direction of the company, and the specifics surrounding each recruited position and positions Cambrex as the “Employer of Choice”. Sources, screens and interviews qualified candidates as part of the full cycle process. Works with external staffing agencies to recruit hard to fill positions or temporary assignments. Manages relationship between agencies and Cambrex. Optimizes the use of the applicant tracking system while adhering to OFCCP guidelines within all steps of the hiring process. Follows internal work instructions and is compliant within the applicant tracking system.
- Sourcing Talent: Identifies the best mix of resources to source top talent and create talent pipelines – performing research, job web searches, referrals and industry-specific sources. Executes on innovative methods to source, evaluate and pipeline external passive, diverse candidates for potential employment at Cambrex.
- Training and Development: Educates and collaborates with hiring managers on the hiring process. Coaches hiring managers and coordinates selection process to ensure optimal selection of candidates for available positions. Provides education to management concerning topics related to the selection and employment of talent as needed. Precepts new Talent Acquisition staff members concerning the recruitment process, applicant tracking system, department policies and guidelines while serving as a SME and mentor.
- Salary Administration: Collaborates with the HRBP to ensure salary determinations and offers of employment are appropriate, while upholding the compensation system integrity and ensuring equity within pay grades and job classes. Prepares, extends and negotiates competitive job offers in support of requisitions for client groups. This position has access to confidential personnel records and pay information not otherwise available. This position is responsible for protecting and maintaining the privacy of such records and information.
- Continuous Improvement: Focuses on continuous improvement and makes suggestions to improve the talent acquisition process, policies and strategy. Contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques and standards.
Education, Experience, and Other Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resources, Business or related field. Master’s Degree Human Resources, Business, or related field preferred.
- 5 years’ Experience with full-cycle client facing recruiting in a corporate environment.
- One year of recruiting experience for a biotech, life sciences, pharma or medical device organization preferred.
- 1 year of Recruitment experience within life sciences arena (medical device, pharma, biotech, healthcare) preferred.
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate and build relationships with all professionals at different levels within and external to the organization.
- Customer Service: Highly collaborative work style, strong service orientation, and ability to effectively respond to and interact with staff at all levels of the organization.
- Strategic Vision: Demonstrated ability to be simultaneously hands on in the detail while keeping the big picture of the strategic direction of the department and the business in mind.
- Assessment of Talent: Ability to assess talent (knowledge, skills, abilities) of applicants in comparison to position requirements.
- Server-based applicant tracking system (ATS): Experience completing applications to onboarding inside an ATS. ICIMs, LinkedIn Recruiter experience preferred.
- Multitasking and Time Management: Able to prioritize multiple, competing priorities and manage time/workload.
- Attention to Detail: Able to perform tasks thoroughly and with care; checks work to ensure high degree of accuracy/completeness and early/on-time delivery.
#1 small molecule API Contract Manufacturing Organization (CMO) in the USA
Double digit sales growth each of the last 5 years
Recent $75 million expansion of our large-scale API facility
Winner of 30 CMO Leadership Awards in 2017
IOWA – Ranked #1 state for best place to live by US News and World Report
Leading Western supplier of generic APIs including ADHD and other controlled substances
Cambrex is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.