At Cambrex, it’s our people that set us apart. We work locally and have an impact globally. We’re committed to attracting, nurturing and retaining a passionate and talented team of experts in our fast paced and growing company. You will be valued and recognized. We offer an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Life, LTD, generous vacation in your first year, sick time, and retirement savings!
Cambrex is the small molecule company that provides drug substance, drug product and analytical services across the entire drug lifecycle. Known for our scientific and manufacturing excellence and customer focus, we offer a range of career opportunities across our global network of locations. As a team, we share one goal – to improve the quality of life for our customers’ patients across the world.
|Position is directed toward optimization of existing chemical routes and development of alternate chemistry toward key synthetic intermediates and APIs. Carries out multistep chemical synthesis and product isolation/purification operations in the laboratory, independently or as part of an integrated team. Chemist utilizes modern analytical tools to determine identity and purity of products made during the course of projects. Communication with clients in regular team meetings; prepares R&D reports at the conclusion of projects.|
Design and carry out multistep organic syntheses, isolation, and purification of targeted products.
- Must possess a strong understanding of modern organic synthesis methodologies.
- The chemist must have a thorough understanding of modern analytical and spectroscopic techniques, and must possess the ability to interpret the corresponding data and spectra. In addition, he/she should be able to conduct literature searches for specific target compounds and/or be able to use the literature to base a design of alternate routes to these compounds. The chemist should keep abreast of current scientific literature and discuss these findings with colleagues.
- Must demonstrate a proficiency to carry out laboratory syntheses and purification techniques on scales ranging from milligrams to several kilograms, and design and implement process modifications.
- The chemist should require minimal supervision, and be able to successively complete projects while working independently.
- Be able to organize work time efficiently so that several operations can be carried out simultaneously.
- Demonstrate ability to write comprehensive reports at the conclusion of projects for internal and customer use.
- Work closely with other chemistry and analytical laboratory staff to coordinate project activities and resource usage.
- Work to ensure that a spirit of teamwork and cooperation exists within the group at all times.
- Conduct laboratory operations in a safe manner. Maintain familiarity with the company’s chemical hygiene plan. Exhibit safety awareness and safe work practices.
- Follow responsible actions regarding chemical disposal. Maintain compliance with all regulations at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Address routine administrative requirements in a timely fashion.
- Must demonstrate effective communication skills (both interpersonal and presentations). Participate in project team meetings with customers.
- Work closely with manufacturing and GMP operations to coordinate project related equipment and activities.
- PhD in Organic Chemistry or Equivalent degree with at least 2 years of hands on experience in pharmaceutical/chemical process development
- MS in Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, or Medicinal Chemistry with at least 4 years of hands on experience in pharmaceutical/chemical process development
- BS in Chemistry with at least 6 years of hands on experience in pharmaceutical/chemical process development