The Senior Facilities Engineer will provide Engineering support for Cambrex’s New Jersey drug manufacturing facility.
- Provides Engineering support for Cambrex’s New Jersey drug manufacturing facility.
- Manages new construction/renovation projects.
- Works with Department heads and the Senior Facilities Engineer to support new equipment purchases and installations.
- Works with Contractors to facilitate timely install of new utilities and facility modifications.
- Works with department heads to establish user requirements.
- Works with equipment suppliers to spec equipment for intended purpose.
- Establishes budgets and timelines to support new projects.
- Manages projects through completion.
- Works with department heads on the shop floor to improve operational efficiencies.
- Identify areas of opportunity and justify equipment replacement, or new equipment to improve efficiencies.
- Streamline production processes in order to reduce cycle time.
- Works with the Senior Maintenance Supervisor to improve/streamline the current Preventative Maintenance Program.
- Works with equipment users and the maintenance department to resolve equipment breakdowns.
- Identify root cause and establish plans to improve reliability.
- Performs various functions in the SAP electronic system.
- Assists in the creation of new equipment records and PM Schedules.
- Assists in decommissioning of obsolete equipment.
- Works with equipment owners and writes investigations and CAPAs for utility/equipment failures.
- Initiates CAPA records to resolve internal and external inspection findings.
- Ensures IRs and CAPAs are completed on-time.
- Manages collection, review and filing of facility recording charts according to effective SOP.
- Manages department SOPs.
- Ensures they remain effective. Works with SMEs to update accordingly.
- Prepares and circulates reports as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to move about the facility
- Must be able to remain sedentary for periods of time.
- May be required to wear personal protective equipment
- BS in Engineering
- Experience working in a food or pharmaceutical environment preferred
- 1-3 years of experience desired
- Experience with CAD and SAP software