At Cambrex, it’s our people that set us apart. We work locally and have an impact globally. We’re committed to attracting, nurturing and retaining a passionate and talented team of experts in our fast paced and growing company. You will be valued and recognized. We offer an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Life, STD, LTD, generous vacation in your first year, sick time, and retirement savings!
Cambrex is the small molecule company that provides drug substance, drug product and analytical services across the entire drug lifecycle. Known for our scientific and manufacturing excellence and customer focus, we offer a range of career opportunities across our global network of locations. As a team, we share one goal – to improve the quality of life for our customers’ patients across the world.
As part of the Drug Substance Business Unit leadership team, the primary focus of this role will be to lead the Commercial strategy for the business unit. This role has responsibility for supporting the business unit and partnering with the Sales and Marketing function to drive overall growth of the business unit. This role will be responsible for managing the portfolio of services/ products within the BU to increase sales/profitability and drive sustainable growth. This position will be responsible for the development and execution of the Commercial strategies in order to support defining long-term BU goals, aligned with the Cambrex enterprise model. This role is responsible for identifying business opportunities, and maintaining extensive knowledge of current market considerations to accelerate our growth. The role is an integral part of the BU Leadership Team and reports to the BU President. This role will work closely with the Business Development Leaders across the company and Site level leaders throughout the Business Unit.
Final title of the position offered may vary depending on experience and background of the candidate. Role may be remote.
- Direct the development and deployment of the business unit’s strategic and tactical commercial plan
- Lead the development of the annual and 3-year commercial strategic plan
- Develops and deploys BU growth and profit strategies within the BU and in partnership with Enterprise Level Sales function
- Design, build and execute the BU Commercial and ensure it is aligned with the overall enterprise strategy
- Implement annual commercial initiatives
- Determine the positioning of a service/ product category to maximize visibility
- Customer/ market segmentation
- Customer experience
- Identify market/ customer trends and new technologies, services and innovation and ensure these are addressed in the BU strategy
- Enable a strong pipeline of new business opportunities coming into Cambrex.
- Partner with enterprise colleagues to build, align, support and execute the overall enterprise level BD strategy, policy, processes and practices.
- Provide product and pipeline intelligence so as to identify strategic opportunities with a high level of long-term success.
- Work in concert with site VPs to ensure that P&L metrics are met.
- Meet annual business unit commercial goals, including Revenue, Gross Margin and Commercial KPIs (proposals, awards, customer mix, etc.)
- Improve Cambrex’ s market position and lead the Business Unit New Business Development to achieve financial growth commitments.
- Develop and use knowledge of the market and competitors to identify, develop and support the Company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators
- Implement strategies to drive end-to-end value creation
- Develop and deploy growth and customer experience strategies in partnership with Sales/Marketing teams
- Set and manage pricing and margin improvement strategy and projects
- Develop and implement customer experience improvement strategies and initiatives
- Develop Cambrex as top CDMO of choice for targeted customers and service combinations
- Participate/lead the effort in building New Technology/services by leveraging and building a deep understanding and in-depth knowledge of the market, the client and their opportunities to grow, and their products
- Align knowledge of customers with both our current and new potential capabilities
- Analyze data or insights to determine industry and market trends
- Provide commercial KPI analytics to facilitate enterprise and BU execution
- Asses performance against goals and deliver monthly reporting
- Create forecasts for service/ product demand
- May also manage related functions such as Contracts, Proposals, etc.
- Participate/lead the effort in building New Business proposals for the solution/service.
- Bachelor’s (Required) in Science, Business Administration, Marketing or related field preferred
- Pharmaceutical / CDMO Industry: 5 to10 years (Required)
- CDMO / Pharma Sales & Marketing experience (Required)
- The individual must have experience in understanding CDMO client needs and timeline expectations.
- Understanding of the pharmaceutical pipeline from early stage to commercial and comprehension of marketing and sales principles.
- Proven experience as category manager, scientific leader, or similar role in a pharmaceutical or CDMO industry
- In depth knowledge of the market, client and product
- Ability to predict market capacity demands to support continued investment.
- Solid knowledge of strategic planning, category management, marketing and sales principles
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Proficient in MS Office
- An analytical mind with a strategic ability
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Strong business acumen and problem solving
- Ability to work in a matrix environment
- Ability to travel at least 30% of the time to other company locations, customers, and trade events.