The Senior Accountant is an integral role within the Cambrex Charles City Finance & Accounting Department, primarily responsible for maintaining accounting for construction in progress (CIP), fixed assets and intercompany accounting. Other areas of exposure include reconciliation and analysis of assigned general ledger accounts, preparing journal entries for adjustments/accruals, and quarter-end reporting responsibilities. In addition to working closely with the site Finance & Accounting team, you will have daily interaction with members of the site management and engineering teams, regular contact with Corporate Finance and Tax personnel, and on a quarterly basis our external audit firm.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain accounting systems for fixed assets and CIP in accordance with GAAP and Cambrex policies.
- Responsible for the month-end close of fixed assets & CIP modules, preparing journal entries for adjustments and accruals, preparing balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Management of capital project accounting from setting up the project in SAP through tracking the spending vs budget, and providing reporting on this activity.
- Maintain schedules of intercompany transactions and reconcile balances with other Cambrex sites.
- Participate in the preparation of monthly cash flow and financial forecasts.
- Assist with external audits, tax reporting and corporate requests as assigned.
- Assist with information needed for duty related regulatory filings as well as ethanol drawback filings
- Participate in special projects as assigned
- Maintain compliance with relevant Site and Corporate policies and procedures.
- Support the Accounting Department in identifying opportunities to continuously improve the Fixed Asset and other Accounting process and procedures.
All employees are required to adhere to DEA, EPA, FDA and cGMP regulations as they relate to the operation of the Company; and to adhere to all company safety rules and procedures. All employees are expected to report to work regularly and promptly. Other duties relating to departmental mission, not specifically detailed in this section may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required; CPA and/or CMA designation preferred.
- 4+ years of accounting experience, including experience supporting a manufacturing environment. Willing to consider filling position at a Staff Accountant II level if years of experience not met.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deliver quality work under strict timelines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to perform detailed and complex numerical computations.
- Prior experience utilizing an enterprise software system, SAP experience highly beneficial
- Intermediate/Advanced level Excel experience
- Strong computer skills on a Microsoft platform and Office suite
- Available to work on a full-time basis and committed to working during key busy times