Cambrex is the small molecule company that provides drug substance, drug product and analytical services across the entire drug lifecycle. Known for our scientific and manufacturing excellence and customer focus, we offer a range of career opportunities across our global network of locations. As a team, we share one goal – to improve the quality of life for our customers’ patients across the world.
The SAP Basis Manager will work closely with the SAP Center of Excellence Director, business users, and functional team members to provide technical guidance and support for projects and initiatives ranging in size from minor enhancements to major multi-year initiatives. The candidate must be able lead and support the SAP system through a couple of key upcoming projects, including system migrations to SLES15, PI 7.4 to PO 7.5 migration, and upcoming S4 HANA Implementation while continuing to support other business initiatives, introduce new functionality into the SAP landscape, and onboard additional sites.
- Serving as a subject matter expert resource for SAP ECC 6.0, S4 HANA, PI/PO, Content Server, HANA 2.0, Sybase, MaxDB, Solution Manager 7.2, SLT and SAP best practices.
- Provide a lead architecture role to support multiple, parallel projects while maintaining reliability and performance.
- Perform/Supervise core SAP Basis administrator functions including software installation and setup, enhancement pack and support pack installation and upgrade, performance monitoring, tuning and capacity management utilizing enterprise standards and leveraging best operating practices.
- Actively participate in SAP infrastructure design including server, storage, high availability and disaster recovery capabilities. Knowledge of Serviceguard is a plus.
- Support and monitor SAP Landscape strategy thru client copies and system refreshes.
- Prepare formal project documentation, including specifications, requirements summaries, logical system design documents, state diagrams, and test scripts.
- Monitor, analyze, and identify trends for system performance and resource utilization.
- Respond to system problems on a 24×7 basis.
- Assist with change control, incident response, and testing processes for infrastructure changes or problems across the SAP landscape.
- Operate under ITIL framework to support multiple global instances of SAP as critical Enterprise-class applications.
- Collaborate across IT functions including server team, networking and security teams to assist in driving out solutions for SAP that meet our standards and go forward operating plans.
Skills and Competencies
- Communication: Builds positive relationships and uses tact in sensitive situations. Listens well to various points of view and relates well to others at all levels. Understands the importance of relationships to ensure team success. Demonstrates compassion and understanding and open to other view points in the interest of achieving best possible outcomes.
- Self-Management: Ability to prioritize time and tasks with little direction in order to complete work on schedule. Organized and efficient with ability to bring order to complex and competing demands.
- Action Orientation: Takes initiative and action with a drive to achieve and be successful. Seeks out challenging situations. Encourages others with positive and energetic support and enthusiasm.
- Technical Expertise: Maintains technically relevant skills and demonstrates the ability to apply technical skills in solving business/technical problems.
- Results Focused: Creates visibility for management and other stakeholders around progress toward key milestones. Contingency plans to anticipate barriers or problems. Provides the necessary focus to accomplish tasks and puts in the necessary effort to ensure the job gets done on time. Pushes through challenges and obstacles to achieve results.
- Innovation: Demonstrates a creative approach to problem solving. Understands, adapts and implements new approaches effectively and efficiently that resolve current and future challenges while providing unique solutions for the business. Ability to articulate new approaches such that others in the organization understand the value and solution.
Education, Experience, and Other Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred, or a combination of equivalent education and experience.
- 5+ years of experience in SAP BASIS/Security Administration including one or more of the following SAP modules – ECC, BW, PI, Solution Manager, and integration with other bolt-on systems.
Physical Demands, Work Environment, and Travel
- Travel may be required.
Demonstrated knowledge of best practices for SAP Basis Administration and operations.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with business analysis techniques and methodologies to include Use Cases, Requirements Gathering, Requirements Tracking, UAT, Systems Testing, Agile Methodology, and Waterfall Methodology.
- Analytical and creative, with the ability to solve problems and develop solutions accordingly.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail.
- Experience in summarizing and presenting complex topics to non-technical audiences.
- Experience building relationships between IT and business teams.
- Practical experience managing Business Suite on HANA and S/4 HANA.
- Ability to manage both onshore and offshore AMS support team.
- Solution Manager 7.2 Monitoring and Configuration Experience.
- SAP user security role creation & maintenance.
- Practical Experience upgrading NetWeaver, HANA and S4 HANA.
- Understanding of SOX and GMP industry regulations is a plus.