Reporting the Assistant Manager, Quality Control, the Sample Shipment Specialist will provide all necessary duties relating to managing, packaging, shipping, tracking, and receiving of laboratory materials or samples related to raw materials, isolated intermediates, or finished goods.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Unpack received material packages for reference standards and various types of samples.
- Ensure materials are properly stored at the indicated environmental conditions upon receipt and during long-term storage.
- Inspect all samples for integrity or damage.
- Review all Submitted Sample Paperwork (SSP) for accuracy and completeness.
- Maintain custody of Received Sample Packages so that they are securely stored prior to the samples being logged in.
- Download data from temperature monitoring devices and provide this data to the client/shipper, when appropriate.
- Complete and return receipt acknowledgement of samples, when appropriate.
- Maintain an archive of the Submitted Sample Paperwork (SSP)
- Maintain inventory, cleanliness, and organization of Sample Storage Areas
- Receive, track, and manage repack requests from various departments.
- Compile sample-specific documentation (such as safety data sheets) to accompany samples being shipped.
- Weigh samples or materials and prepare aliquots per laboratory requirements for shipment.
- Work with supervision to arrange for the shipment of customer retain samples.
- Assist in supporting the retained sample inventory program.
- As needed, perform controlled substance secondary confirmation.
- Assist with material and control substance inventory, when appropriate.
- Complete the check-in process for production samples received by the laboratory.
- Work closely with shipping and receiving, department supervision, and the department planner to ensure sample shipping needs and timelines are met.
All employees are required to adhere to DEA, EPA, FDA, ICH and cGMP regulations and guidelines as they relate to the operation of the company in addition to adhering to all company safety rules and procedures. All employees are expected to report to work regularly and promptly. Other duties relating to departmental mission, not specifically detailed in this section may be assigned.
- Minimum of a high school degree or GED required
- Experience with chemical handling preferred