Cambrex is the small molecule company that provides drug substance, drug product and analytical services across the entire drug lifecycle. Known for our scientific and manufacturing excellence and customer focus, we offer a range of career opportunities across our global network of locations. As a team, we share one goal – to improve the quality of life for our customers’ patients across the world.
The Marketing & Commercial Excellence Manager’s primary purpose is to ensure that the overall marketing & commercial strategy for Cambrex and all its business units (BUs), is accurately executed in marketing activities and delivers on the marketing generated funnel, driving the overall growth of new customer acquisitions. Reporting into the Senior Director of Marketing & Communications, this role will provide leadership, strategic direction, and divisional oversight for the specific BU marketing functions by generating customer demand and loyalty through the deployment of a clear and compelling marketing strategy, marketing campaigns and marketing operations activities. The one key goal is to understand and interpret the market and industry trends, build, and execute the marketing activities to drive lead generation and awareness expansion for the BUs.
- Develop and implement growth marketing strategies and plans to increase brand awareness for Cambrex in a specific BU market and create lead generation to meet revenue targets for the specific BU
- Assess and understand the competition’s value to our target customer base & strategic accounts
- Define value propositions based on the intersection of the needs of the customer, target audience, the value the business provides, and the gaps in the competitive landscape
- Responsible for planning and implementing commercial insight activities, gather competitive intelligence, actively monitor changes to the market, provide regular updates on market intelligence, design pro-active plans to capture opportunities and address hurdles in close relationship with the internal market intelligence team and external consultants
- Responsible for category management for the BUs in different sub-segments, including game theory development, value proposition, strategy, marketing position etc.
- Work closely with the commercial team and SMEs for content development to support the marketing communication plan, including white paper, webinars, videos, solution content, videos, articles, website content, etc. Content needs to reflect the different BU dimensions.
- In co-ordination with the Sales team, implement a lead generation process to generate leads, nurture leads and opportunities and drive conversion to sales
- Analyze results of marketing programs and modify strategies to support business objectives and continuously improve the marketing activities
- 5 or more years experience preferably in an industrial and B2B marketing
- Experience in chemical, drugs/small molecule industry, preferred
- Bachelors degree in Business, Marketing, communications or similar, preferred
- Digital marketing experience including SEO, required
- Passionate and outgoing, with strong communication and teamwork skills
- Experience in using Salesforce, Pardot, Tableau, HubSpot and other similar platforms