At Cambrex, it’s our people that set us apart. We work locally and have an impact globally. We’re committed to attracting, nurturing and retaining a passionate and talented team of experts in our fast paced and growing company. You will be valued and recognized. We offer an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Life, STD, LTD, generous vacation in your first year, sick time, and retirement savings!
Cambrex is the small molecule company that provides drug substance, drug product and analytical services across the entire drug lifecycle. Known for our scientific and manufacturing excellence and customer focus, we offer a range of career opportunities across our global network of locations. As a team, we share one goal – to improve the quality of life for our customers’ patients across the world.
Cambrex is looking for an ambitious and energetic Business Development, Associate Director to grow our Drug Substance/API CDMO business in the North East territory. The primary function of this role is to aggressively grow pipeline, prospects but most importantly revenues by identifying and securing new accounts for the company. The role also includes identifying new business opportunities from the existing accounts. The right candidate will enjoy working in a team environment to help to help grow the entire Cambrex portfolio.
The responsibilities of the Business Development / Sales Professional will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Aggressively pursue Drug Substance/API CDMO business opportunities, via prospecting, building strong client relationships, forging new business partnerships, nurturing and qualifying leads, and maintaining high visibility within networking and trade organizations within the defined territory.
- Identify industry and customer needs and actively contribute to provide solutions that will generate value for the customer.
- Be an important part in the ongoing liaison between groups internal to Cambrex and the external customer.
- Lead the initiative to introduce new projects and business opportunities pursuant to Cambrex´s overall business strategy both at existing and new accounts.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related life-science degree is required.
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in business development, with proven track record in selling Drug Substance/API CDMO services. Some experience in CMC services, drug product and finishes dose form, fine chemicals, and custom technologies is desired. Commercial experience in pharmaceutical or related industry is preferred.
The successful candidate for this position will have the following:
- Entrepreneurial disposition, energetic and takes personal responsibility in accomplishing the objectives of the business.
- Strong “hunting” skills
- The ability to inspire customer confidence, promote and develop strong client to business relationships and become the provider of choice for existing and new clients.
- The ability to effectively engage in discussions with procurement, technical, chemical and pharmaceutical scientists in order to generate business opportunities.
- The ability to handle multiple customers (Effective time management, good organization skills effective use of resources and assessment of priorities to opportunities).
- Strong relationship building skills across disciplines (technical, commercial and management).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (The ability to communicate internally and externally to the organization with the credibility necessary to influence sales and customer decisions).
- An understanding of cGMP manufacturing requirements as well as regulatory and environmental issues relevant for the pharmaceutical industry.
- A solid team player who can maintain cohesiveness between the customer, R&D and Manufacturing. Also comfortable in a project centered organization.
- The ability to work effectively within a multicultural environment.
- A high level of energy, creativity and personal motivation.
- The determination and persistence to build a business.