Quality Control Supervisor
- GENEROUS RELOCATION ASSISTANCE!!
- Top USA small molecule API Contract Manufacturing Organization (CMO)
- Consecutive years of double digit sales growth each
- Recent $75 million expansion of our large-scale API facility
- Winner of 30 CMO Leadership Awards in 2017
- Leading Western supplier of generic APIs including ADHD and other controlled substances
Quality Control Supervisor
Reporting to Quality Control Manager, the Quality Control Supervisor will supervise the day to day operation of the Quality Control lab, including scheduling of manpower resources and review and approval of product releases, employee training and testing support. Interaction with all areas of the manufacturing plant site will be inherent in this position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing and coordinating daily prioritization of QC testing, including scheduling of staff and equipment and lab productivity assessments
- Participating on teams as the Quality Control liaison as required
- Direct supervision of laboratory staff including degreed chemists as well as additional laboratory support staff. Providing feedback and evaluations as needed and required.
- Approving or rejecting raw materials, in process and finished goods according to company and customer specifications
- Troubleshooting laboratory instrumentation issues
- Training laboratory employees as required. Monitoring training plan and matrix as required to ensure compliance and staff proficiency.
- Providing back up assistance in performing laboratory testing using HPLC, GC, Data Station, FT-IR, UV-vis, AA and computer analysis
- Assisting with management of critical laboratory programs such as stability program, reduced testing program, Environmental Services, retained samples, etc.
- BS in Chemistry or related science field
- 3 or more years of experience within quality control or a development laboratory. Experience in pharmaceuticals beneficial and highly preferred
- cGMP knowledge required
- Supervisory experience in a laboratory environment required
- Experience in a laboratory supporting manufacturing operations highly beneficial
- Knowledge in operation of general lab equipment as listed
- The ability to problem solve and prioritize daily/weekly needs to meet shipment schedules is essential. Ability to effectively multi-task essential
- Proficiency in a windows-based environment including word processing, spreadsheet and data base programs
Find out more about life at Cambrex
Watch our video: Meet the Cambrex experts
Cambrex Charles City offers an extraordinary opportunity, a competitive salary, and an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision care and prescription, life, LTD, STD; 401(k) with employer match; tuition reimbursement; and the ‘Arthur I. Mendolia Scholarship Program.’ Post offer physical and drug screen are required. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to www.cambrex.com./careers.
Thank you for your interest in Cambrex Charles City!
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
- Job Location Charles City, Iowa, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular