- GENEROUS RELOCATION ASSISTANCE!!
- #1 small molecule API Contract Manufacturing Organization (CMO) in the USA
- Double digit sales growth each of the last 5 years
- Recent $75 million expansion of our large-scale API facility
- IOWA – Ranked #1 state for best place to live by US News and World Report
- Leading Western supplier of generic APIs including ADHD and other controlled substances
At Cambrex, it’s our people that set us apart. We work locally and have an impact globally. We’re committed to attracting, nurturing and retaining a passionate and talented team of experts in our fast paced and growing company. You will be valued and recognized. We offer an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Life, LTD, generous vacation in your first year, sick time, and retirement savings!
Cambrex is the small molecule company that provides drug substance, drug product and analytical services across the entire drug lifecycle. Known for our scientific and manufacturing excellence and customer focus, we offer a range of career opportunities across our global network of locations. As a team, we share one goal – to improve the quality of life for our customers’ patients across the world.
Reporting to Quality Control Manager, the Quality Control Supervisor will supervise the day to day operation of the Quality Control lab, including scheduling of manpower resources and review and approval of product releases, employee training and testing support. Interaction with all areas of the manufacturing plant site will be inherent in this position.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Overseeing and coordinating daily prioritization of QC testing, including scheduling of staff and equipment and lab productivity assessments
- Participating on teams as the Quality Control liaison as required
- Direct supervision of laboratory staff including degreed chemists as well as additional laboratory support staff. Providing feedback and evaluations as needed and required.
- Approving or rejecting raw materials, in process and finished goods according to company and customer specifications
- Troubleshooting laboratory instrumentation issues
- Training laboratory employees as required. Monitoring training plan and matrix as required to ensure compliance and staff proficiency.
- Providing back up assistance in performing laboratory testing using HPLC, GC, Data Station, FT-IR, UV-vis, AA and computer analysis
- Assisting with management of critical laboratory programs such as stability program, reduced testing program, Environmental Services, retained samples, etc.
- BS in Chemistry or related science field
- 3 or more years of experience within quality control or a development laboratory. Experience in pharmaceuticals beneficial and highly preferred
- cGMP knowledge required
- Supervisory experience in a laboratory environment required
- Experience in a laboratory supporting manufacturing operations highly beneficial
- Knowledge in operation of general lab equipment as listed
- The ability to problem solve and prioritize daily/weekly needs to meet shipment schedules is essential. Ability to effectively multi-task essential
- Proficiency in a windows-based environment including word processing, spreadsheet and data base programs
Cambrex is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.