Cambrex is the small molecule company that provides drug substance, drug product and analytical services across the entire drug lifecycle. Known for our scientific and manufacturing excellence and customer focus, we offer a range of career opportunities across our global network of locations. As a team, we share one goal – to improve the quality of life for our customers’ patients across the world.
Manage projects and scientific personnel (where appropriate) to meet customer delivery and development goals. Will possess experimental skills related to chemical process development and kilo- scale synthesis of organic compounds of medicinal importance. Serve as a resource for chemical science to the company. At CHP, a project manager plays pivotal role, They typically manage around 5 – 6 projects, serve as the single point of contact with the customer, act as the chemistry technical lead and manage the overall life cycle (from proposal to close out) within Cambrex. The project manager will manage multiple projects at various stages.
- Matrix supervision (and direct supervision, as applicable) for chemistry sub-group members, including management of research objective, daily activities, and organization of efforts toward key customer deliverables.
- Management of chemistry programs according to established timelines.
- Function as point of contact with customer for project-related communications and coordination.
- Experimental contributions to chemistry programs and occasional hands on laboratory work.
- Develop and Implement process modifications.
- Raw material and chemical sourcing and outsourcing activities, including shipping/billing terms, and customs documentation and support.
- Project quoting, budgeting, invoicing, and reconciliation.
- Work closely with other chemistry, engineering and analytical laboratory staff to coordinate project progress and resource usage.
- Work closely with manufacturing operation to coordinate project related equipment and activities.
- Work closely with Finance and Management to provide periodic revenue forecast
- Actively promote the results of the scientific projects within the group and to the customers.
- Maintain current knowledge of the state-of-the-art of chemistry, analytical chemistry, process development techniques and cGMP regulations. Apply this knowledge to daily problems.
- Work to ensure that a spirit of teamwork and cooperation exists within the group at all times.
- Possess knowledge of lab and scale-up safety.
- Possess knowledge of organic chemistry and be a knowledge resource for the company and for customers.
- Source for knowledge of industrial hygiene, safety studies, and screening.
- Regular contribution to safety team meetings.
- Networking on behalf of Cambrex at National Meetings.
- Knowledge of analytical and physical characterization techniques for API’s
- Demonstrated achievement record in clinical development
- Thorough knowledge of, and experience working under cGMP regulations
- Good publication/patent record.
- Strong skills and knowledge in organic chemistry, especially as applicable to process chemistry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication/interpersonal skills, problem-solving skills, organizational skills and the ability to work in a diverse team environment are essential.
- Proficiency with Microsoft software (MS Project, SharePoint, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Chemdraw, Scifinder, Reaxys etc. is expected.
- PhD in organic chemistry, or equivalent degree, at least 8+ years of hands on experience in pharmaceutical chemical process development.