Cambrex is the small molecule company that provides drug substance, drug product and analytical services across the entire drug lifecycle. Known for our scientific and manufacturing excellence and customer focus, we offer a range of career opportunities across our global network of locations. As a team, we share one goal – to improve the quality of life for our customers’ patients across the world.
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing cross-functional project teams to ensure that projects are completed with the deliverables and timeline described in the project’s scope of work. These projects may cover individual or multiple services including analytical chemistry, process chemistry, formulation development, and manufacturing. Some projects may span multiple locations.
- In this role, you will interact with business development, proposal writers, clients, and operational teams to onboard new projects, identify resources required to support the project deliverables and schedule, and track projects to completion.
- For your assigned projects, you will be responsible for leading project team meetings, routinely updating key stakeholders on project status, escalation of issues, and coordinating other administrative duties as required.
- You will be responsible for understanding project financials including the project budget, tracking and reporting of effort expended relative to the budget, initiation of change orders if required, and coordination with finance as needed for revenue recognition.
- In addition to managing projects, you may coordinate or assist with writing technical proposals for multiple services including analytical chemistry, process chemistry, formulation development and manufacturing.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in life science, chemistry, engineering, or related field.
- Experience managing cross-functional teams or projects in a CDMO or pharmaceutical development or manufacturing setting.
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools.
- Knowledge of analytical chemistry preferred.
- Proficient using MS Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint as well as Salesforce.com or similar CRM tool.
- Communicates clearly to both internal and external customers in written and oral form.
- Listens and responds positively to external customers, partners and colleagues at all levels.
- Prioritizes tasks according to business objectives and can pursue several objectives simultaneously.
- Proactively works with stakeholders to mitigate risks and overcome obstacles.
- Promotes a safe environment for work and comply with the general policy of the company.