At Cambrex, it’s our people that set us apart. We work locally and have an impact globally. We’re committed to attracting, nurturing and retaining a passionate and talented team of experts in our fast paced and growing company. You will be valued and recognized. We offer an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Life, LTD, generous vacation in your first year, sick time, and retirement savings!
Cambrex is the small molecule company that provides drug substance, drug product and analytical services across the entire drug lifecycle. Known for our scientific and manufacturing excellence and customer focus, we offer a range of career opportunities across our global network of locations. As a team, we share one goal – to improve the quality of life for our customers’ patients across the world.
The Project Engineer performs general engineering duties for new installations and equipment, and modification of existing facilities and equipment. These duties are to be carried out with safety, efficiency and quality at the forefront.
- Support Operations, Quality Assurance, Maintenance and Process Engineering to ensure a safe and efficient facility to produce quality materials.
- Perform necessary engineering calculations and estimates to support project related design work and project Capital Authorization Requests.
- Develop / Create / revise drawings and sketches as they pertain to projects and other tasks throughout the facility.
- Undertake multiple small capital projects at a time.
- Work with Sr. Engineer to schedule needed vendor, contractor, and facility personnel to perform work in support of plant scheduling and timelines.
- Be capable of creating and maintaining capital project budgets.
- Enter Purchase Requisitions required for project related work.
- Enters data on maintenance database as required for proper maintenance documentation as applied to Capital projects and work orders.
- Provide monthly updates on all project status or as required, performs monthly time allocation on Capital Projects for the month.
- Maintain/updates appropriate department files, including but not limited to: Capital asset requests, project closure forms, equipment inspection reports, appropriate change control documentation, drawings and sketches as they pertain to project work, cGMP files, Standard Operating Procedures.
- Responsible for training contractors and vendors for any work on site via appropriate policies and procedures.
- Support all requested HAZOP functions.
- Develop vendor contacts
- Bachelor’s of Science in Engineering or equivalent degree required
- 3 + years of Project Engineering experience preferred in a manufacturing environment.
- Good communication skills required (written and verbal)
- Computer skills required, preferably Windows based, AutoCAD experience a plus
Cambrex is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.