Cambrex is the small molecule company that provides drug substance, drug product and analytical services across the entire drug lifecycle. Known for our scientific and manufacturing excellence and customer focus, we offer a range of career opportunities across our global network of locations. As a team, we share one goal – to improve the quality of life for our customers’ patients across the world.
The Production Supervisor will be expected to supervise operating personnel for safe, efficient and profitable operation of the chemical manufacturing area. The incumbent will be responsible for administration of day to day manpower, equipment and processing needs of the plant site. The Production Supervisor will work closely with all departments to ensure timely shipment of quality products, meeting or exceeding customer expectations. Shift work required.
- Ensuring assigned production area meets or exceeds all safety and quality requirements
- Scheduling operations in a manner that prevents delays and efficiently utilizes manpower
- Ensuring adherence to Standard Operating Procedures in all operations and activities
- Ensure employees are properly trained and evaluate their performance
- Exercising proper care in the utilization of buildings, equipment and services
- Performing simple laboratory tests on samples of in-process and waste materials to ensure proper operation and equipment function
- Coordinating operations with Maintenance Department to complete scheduled and unscheduled maintenance activities for operations area
- Make recommendations to improve yields and reduce waste, labor, materials, maintenance, handling and other costs
- Initiate investigation of production issues and work with support groups to resolve and implement corrective and preventative actions
- Work with Process Engineering and Chemical Development during the implementation of new products in the manufacturing area
- Participate in process evaluations with production superintendents or process engineers as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required
- 3 + years of chemical processing / manufacturing experience preferred
- Prior supervisory experience beneficial
- Sound written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer knowledge in Windows based software required
Cambrex is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.