At Cambrex, it’s our people that set us apart. We work locally and have an impact globally. We’re committed to attracting, nurturing and retaining a passionate and talented team of experts in our fast paced and growing company. You will be valued and recognized. We offer an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Life, LTD, generous vacation in your first year, sick time, and retirement savings!
Cambrex is the small molecule company that provides drug substance, drug product and analytical services across the entire drug lifecycle. Known for our scientific and manufacturing excellence and customer focus, we offer a range of career opportunities across our global network of locations. As a team, we share one goal – to improve the quality of life for our customers’ patients across the world.
The Production Planner responsibilities are to schedule and plan production for the facility at Charles City while smoothing manpower demands and keeping inventory levels to a minimum working level. This position reports to the Production Superintendent, Pilot Plant/HIPO/Drying Area/Warehouse.
- Complete a long term and short term production schedule based on orders and forecast, considering inventory levels, controlled substance manufacturing quotas and manpower demands.
- Maintain and update scheduling program as needed with changes to facility assets, manpower constraints, and process changes.
- Use scheduling program to produce an effective schedule and produce reports for alternative schedules based on equipment / forecast demand.
- Create process orders for accurate batch record issuance and for obtaining MRP information from SAP.
- Prepare a list of raw materials with receiving dates and quantities for the Buyer to use for placing orders.
- Work with area production engineers to determine the timing for bulk inventory and monitoring bulk inventory levels by way of electronic readings and charts.
- Lead the weekly Production Planning meeting.
- Assist with monthly inventory cycle counts and entering all cycle counts into an adjustment spreadsheet.
- Lead quarterly excess/obsolete inventories meeting and follow-up with the results of the meeting.
- Backup for generating BOM and recipes in SAP.
- Other activities relating to assigned departmental mission not specifically detailed in this section.
- 3 + years’ experience in production scheduling and planning in a manufacturing environment.
- HS Diploma required
- Associate Degree in Business Management
- Computer skills