PROCESS SUPPORT CHEMIST II
Reporting to the QC Manager, the PSG (Process Support Group) – Chemist II will be responsible for daily laboratory testing of in process materials, environmental testing, validation transfer support and other various laboratory support.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to all EPA, FDA, cGMP, cGLP DEA regulations and internal SOP’s as they relate to the operation of the Quality Control lab and general operation of the chemical production facility
- Follow all OSHA and company safety rules and practices
- Perform a wide variety of chemical analyses for release of raw materials, in-process, intermediates and finished goods
- Maintain laboratory programs such as calibration/preventive maintenance, IQ/OQ/PQ
- Perform in-depth laboratory investigations of non-complying test results.
- Working knowledge of chromatography
- Working knowledge of wet chemistry
- Write controlled documents such as reports, test procedures, SOPs, etc.
- Evaluate validity of test results
- Independently troubleshoot equipment
- Perform and document method transfer from Analytical Development
- Run method evaluation experiments
- Handle, analyze and dispose of hazardous samples and waste.
- Follow all OSHA and company safety rules and practices.
- Provide off-shift coverage as required
- Maintain laboratory solutions, inventory and notebooks.
- Responsible for assisting in training employees as needed both inside and outside the department
- Coordinate and communicate project status
- Interacting with outside vendors and other departments
- Extensive knowledge and proven ability to use a wide assortment of the analytical instrumentation available at Cambrex Charles City.
- Proven ability to handle various assingments and organize work load to meet timelines.
- Act as departmental subject matter expert (SME)
- BS in Chemistry/Biology or related science field required
- Advanced degree (MS, PhD) in Chemistry/Biology or related science field preffered
- Three years laboratory cGMP environment with a BS or advanced degree
- Experience in a laboratory environment preferred
- Working knowledge of analytical instrumentation (GC, HPLC preferred)
- Proven ability to handle various project load is preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven work environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective communication skills (oral, written)
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Ability to work independently with little or no direct supervision
- Mass Spectrometer experience preferred
Find out more about life at Cambrex
Watch our video: Meet the Cambrex experts
Cambrex Charles City offers an extraordinary opportunity, a competitive salary, and an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision care and prescription, life, LTD, STD; 401(k) with employer match; tuition reimbursement; and the ‘Arthur I. Mendolia Scholarship Program.’ Post offer physical and drug screen are required.
Interested candidates should apply online at: www.cambrex.com/careers
Thank you for your interest in Cambrex Charles City!
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.