Position Title: Quality Control Chemist II (evening shift)
Reporting to the QC Manager, the QC Chemist in the Process Support Group will be responsible for daily laboratory testing of in process materials, environmental testing, validation transfer support and other various laboratory support.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to all EPA, FDA, cGMP, cGLP DEA regulations and internal SOP’s as they relate to the operation of the Quality Control lab and general operation of the chemical production facility
- Follow all OSHA and company safety rules and practices
- Data review
- Data entry
- Perform a wide variety of chemical analyses for release of raw materials, in-process, intermediates and finished goods
- Maintain laboratory programs such as calibration/preventive maintenance, IQ/OQ/PQ
- Perform in-depth laboratory investigations of non-complying test results.
- Working knowledge of chromatography
- Working knowledge of wet chemistry
- Write controlled documents such as reports, test procedures, SOPs, etc.
- Evaluate validity of test results
- Independently troubleshoot equipment
- Perform and document method transfer from Analytical Development
- Run method evaluation experiments
- Handle, analyze and dispose of hazardous samples and waste.
- Follow all OSHA and company safety rules and practices.
- Provide off-shift coverage as required
- Maintain laboratory solutions, inventory and notebooks.
- Responsible for assisting in training employees as needed both inside and outside the department
- Coordinate and communicate project status
- Interacting with outside vendors and other departments
- Extensive knowledge and proven ability to use a wide assortment of the analytical instrumentation available at Cambrex Charles City.
- Proven ability to handle various assignments and organize workload to meet timelines.
- Act as departmental subject matter expert (SME)
All employees are required to adhere to EPA, DEA, FDA and cGMP regulations as they relate to the operation of the Company; and to adhere to all company safety rules and procedures. All employees are expected to report to work regularly and promptly. Other duties relating to departmental mission, not specifically detailed in this section may be assigned.
- BS in Chemistry/Biology or related science field required
- Advanced degree (MS, PhD) in Chemistry/Biology or related science field preferred
- Experience in a laboratory environment preferred
- Working knowledge of analytical instrumentation (GC, HPLC preferred)
- Strong chemistry theory
- Proven ability to handle various project load is preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven work environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective communication skills (oral, written)
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Ability to work independently with little or no direct supervision
- Mass Spectrometer experience preferred
Cambrex Charles City offers an extraordinary opportunity, a competitive salary, and an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision care and prescription, life, LTD, STD; 401(k) with employer match; tuition reimbursement; and the ‘Arthur I. Mendolia Scholarship Program.’ Relocation assistance will be offered for this position.
Link to Apply: https://careers-cambrex.icims.com/jobs/1885/qc-chemist-ii-%28nights%29/job?mode=view