At Cambrex, it’s our people that set us apart. We work locally and have an impact globally. We’re committed to attracting, nurturing and retaining a passionate and talented team of experts in our fast paced and growing company. You will be valued and recognized. We offer an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Life, LTD, generous vacation in your first year, sick time, and retirement savings!
Cambrex is the small molecule company that provides drug substance, drug product and analytical services across the entire drug lifecycle. Known for our scientific and manufacturing excellence and customer focus, we offer a range of career opportunities across our global network of locations. As a team, we share one goal – to improve the quality of life for our customers’ patients across the world.
The Process Safety Engineer will be responsible for process safety initiatives at the site, including laboratory and manufacturing operations.
- Participate in evaluations of New Product Development projects. Provide input on the safety and scalability of the chemical process.
- Participate in lab safety reviews.
- Prior to scale up, ensure proper safety data has been collected, including DSC, ARSST, MIE, MIT, explosivity data, etc. for reaction mixtures, finished goods and isolated intermediates as appropriate.
- Provide expertise on evaluation of process safety data
- Participate in safety reviews of process equipment
- Manage facility compliance program for OSHA PSM and EPA RMP
- Participate in PHA and POG reviews
- Conduct PPE Assessments
- Define Basis of Safety (BOS) for plant operations. Communicate BOS and consequences of deviation as necessary to help ensure safe operations.
- Participate in site change control as necessary
- Assist with performance studies of laboratory and manufacturing barrier/containment safety equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry, required
- 5 + years’ experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the chemical or pharmaceutical industry
- CIH or CSP certification highly beneficial
- Experience and understanding of equipment operations and chemical reactions
- Experience in process safety assessments for a chemical synthesis operation strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of a computer applications within a Windows-based environment is beneficial