At Cambrex, it’s our people that set us apart. We work locally and have an impact globally. We’re committed to attracting, nurturing and retaining a passionate and talented team of experts in our fast paced and growing company. You will be valued and recognized. We offer an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Life, LTD, generous vacation in your first year, sick time, and retirement savings!
Cambrex is the small molecule company that provides drug substance, drug product and analytical services across the entire drug lifecycle. Known for our scientific and manufacturing excellence and customer focus, we offer a range of career opportunities across our global network of locations. As a team, we share one goal – to improve the quality of life for our customers’ patients across the world.
Position is directed toward optimization of existing chemical routes and development of novel alternate chemistries/processes toward key synthetic intermediates and APIs. Provides CHP site engineering support, including the design, construction, and maintenance of equipment that replicates laboratory chemical process on pilot and commercial scales. Experimental skills related to chemical process development and kilo – scale synthesis of organic compounds of medicinal importance, including chemical synthesis and product isolation/purification. Utilizes analytical tools to assess product quality and process performance. Serve as an expert chemical engineering and pharmaceutical science resource to the chemical development group, the Cambrex High Point site, and to the larger Cambrex organization. Communication with clients in regular team meetings; prepares R&D and campaign reports at the conclusion of projects.
- Design and carry out multistep organic processes.
- Application of key principles of chemical engineering to work within a matrix-based chemical development team to construct systems and design chemical processes that will efficiently support on-scale safe production of promising pharmaceutical candidates.
- Knowledge and experience in technologies such as continuous processing and flow chemistry is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with cGMP manufacturing processes is preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with in-situ reaction monitoring technology is preferred.
- Knowledge of final form screening/polymorph screening/crystallization studies is preferred.
- Knowledge of process controls and associated programming is preferred.
- Possess a working knowledge of analytical and spectroscopic techniques, including the ability to interpret the corresponding data.
- Demonstrate a proficiency in laboratory and pilot-scale synthesis and purification techniques, including the implementation of process modifications.
- Demonstrate an ability to maintain lab equipment including pumps and instrumentation.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and complete projects independently.
- Ability to organize work efficiently and manage time effectively.
- Ability to write comprehensive reports and contribute to drafting of batch records and protocols.
- Collaboration with process development chemists and analytical chemists to coordinate project activities as well as to develop safer and more robust processes for laboratory and plant production.
- Maintain current knowledge of state-of-the-art techniques for improving engineering principles related to organic chemistry, analytical chemistry, process development techniques and cGMP regulations. Knowledge of root cause/batch failure analysis.
- Conduct laboratory operations in a safe manner. Maintain familiarity with the company’s chemical hygiene plan. Exhibit safety awareness and safe work practices.
- Follow responsible actions regarding chemical disposal. Maintain compliance with all regulation at the federal, state and local levels.
- Address routine administrative requirements in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Actively promote the results of ongoing projects within the group and to external clients.
- Work closely with manufacturing and GMP operations to coordinate project related equipment and activities.
- Maintain a clean and safe lab work area.
- Strong skills and knowledge in organic chemistry, especially as applicable to process chemistry and chemical engineering principles. Excellent verbal and written communication/interpersonal skills, problem-solving skills, organizational skills, and the ability to work in a diverse team environment are essential. Proficiency with Microsoft software (Word / EXCEL / PowerPoint) is expected. Experience with engineering software and process modeling.
- PhD in Chemical Engineering or Equivalent Degree
- MS. in Chemical Engineering or Equivalent Degree
- BS. in Chemical Engineering with 2-5 years hands-on experience in the pharmaceutical or comparable chemical industry.
Cambrex is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.