Cambrex High Point is seeking a highly motivated, energetic, results-oriented individual to join our Chemical Development team of dedicated professionals focused on customer service and quality. We are currently accepting resumes for the position of Process Development Scientist/Sr. Process Development Scientist.
Position is directed toward optimization of existing chemical routes and development of alternate chemistry toward key synthetic intermediates and APIs. Carries out multistep chemical synthesis and product isolation/purification operations in the laboratory, independently or as part of an integrated team. Chemist utilizes modern analytical tools to determine identity and purity of products made during the course of projects. Communication with clients in regular team meetings; prepare R&D reports at the conclusion of projects.
- Design and carry out multistep organic syntheses, isolation, and purification of targeted products.
- Must possess a strong understanding of modern organic synthesis methodologies.
- Must have a thorough understanding of modern analytical and spectroscopic techniques, and possess the ability to interpret the corresponding data and spectra. Should be able to conduct literature searches for specific target compounds and/or be able to use the literature to base a design of alternate routes to these compounds. Should keep abreast of current scientific literature and discuss these findings with colleagues.
- Must demonstrate a proficiency to carry out laboratory syntheses and purification techniques on scales ranging from milligrams to several kilograms, and design and implement process modifications.
- Should require minimal supervision, and be able to successively complete projects while working independently.
- Be able to organize work time efficiently so that several operations can be carried out simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to write comprehensive reports at the conclusion of projects for internal and customer use.
- Work closely with other chemistry and analytical laboratory staff to coordinate project activities and resource usage in a matrix organization.
- Work to ensure that a spirit of teamwork and cooperation exists within the group at all times.
- Maintain familiarity with the company’s chemical hygiene plan, and conduct laboratory operations in a safe manner at all times. Exhibit safety awareness and safe work practices.
- Follow responsible actions regarding chemical disposal. Maintain compliance with all regulations at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Address routine administrative requirements in a timely fashion.
- Must demonstrate effective communication skills (both interpersonal and presentations). Participate in project team meetings with customers.
- Work closely with manufacturing and GMP operations to coordinate project related equipment and activities.
- Maintain a clean, safe laboratory work area.
- Degree (BS, MS, or Ph.D.) in Organic Chemistry.
- 3-10 years industrial experience in pharmaceuticals or CMO is preferred.
At Cambrex, we recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes 401K, dental insurance, medical insurance, disability benefits, life insurance, a vision-care plan, paid sick time, casual dress, paid company holidays, free parking, and paid vacations.
Please send all resumes to:
Cambrex High Point
Attention: Human Resources
4180 Mendenhall Oaks Pkwy
High Point, NC27265
*Cambrex High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cambrex is committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V encouraged to apply. Drug-free work environment. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract.