At Cambrex, it’s our people that set us apart. We work locally and have an impact globally. We’re committed to attracting, nurturing and retaining a passionate and talented team of experts in our fast paced and growing company. You will be valued and recognized. We offer an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Life, LTD, generous vacation in your first year, sick time, and retirement savings!
Cambrex is the small molecule company that provides drug substance, drug product and analytical services across the entire drug lifecycle. Known for our scientific and manufacturing excellence and customer focus, we offer a range of career opportunities across our global network of locations. As a team, we share one goal – to improve the quality of life for our customers’ patients across the world.
Reporting to the shift supervisor, the Pharma Reactor Operator will be expected to successfully produce chemical and pharmaceutical products in our manufacturing environment.
- Operate batch and continuous type reactors, high pressure reactors, centrifuges, filters, solvent distillation equipment and supporting equipment involved in testing, all according to designated procedures.
- Monitor the equipment; setting controls on valves, vacuums, pumps, pressures, etc., according to designated procedures to achieve desired results.
- Monitors the process variables and makes process control adjustments to maintain the proper process control. Use manual and computer controlled devices to monitor and control the process.
- Clean all equipment used (boil, scrape or scrub out) following designated procedures.
- Assist in training new Pharma Reactor Operators.
- Drum compounds and hazardous waste; label according to set standards; transport to assigned areas.
- Assure area is kept clean and all precautions are taken to prevent environmental spills and control discharge to WWTP at acceptable limits.
- Interpret results and monitor processes using computer controlled devices.
- Responsible for safe handling of hazardous materials including loading/unloading trucks, processing, packaging and clean up of equipment.
- Responsible for completion of all operation log books in Pharma area.
- Troubleshoot production line and equipment problems in a safe and effective manner.
- Assist lab personnel with implementing new processes or process changes
- Complete line entry, confined space, and hot work permits.
- Assist in writing and updating process procedures and SOP’s.
- Adhere to all EPA, FDA and cGMP regulations as they relate to the operation of the chemical production facility.
- Take samples for in-process and Quality Control analysis.
- Perform laboratory tests on process samples and act on results.
- Assume duties of Reactor Operator Chem I/II
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3 or more years of experience in a manufacturing environment or related business
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong mechanical aptitude/knowledge
- Shift assignment may vary. Must be able to work nights and/or every other weekend as per shift assignment