The Operator Utilities maintains all primary facility utilities, including purified water systems, high pressure boilers, pumps, compressors, dryers, generators, vacuum pumps, blowers, and a chilled water plant. Prior industrial experience is required, prior cGMP experience in a pharmaceutical manufacturing envirobnment a plus. Demonstrated safe work record required. This position requires extensive interface with facility engineers and operations personnel.
*This is a rotating shift position which includes morning, afternoon, evenings, and overnights.
- Operations, Maintenance, and basic repair of centralized facility utilities and equipment as detailed above.
- Execution of Preventative Maintenance routines for above equipment in a highly proceduralized, compliance-driven regulated environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Operators will typically achieve the above via on-the-job training and/or the following prior qualifications:
- 3+ years in Facilities Maintenance or other plant operations/support is desirable.
- Periodic contractor coordination for PM and/or systems repair.
- Data entry of executed PM tasks in an electronic PM system.
- Mechanical integrity/Process Safety Management (PSM OSHA 1910.119)
- Participation in ASME vessel and piping systems inspection.
- Boiler operation and maintenance.
- Must be able to ascend/descend a ladder
- Must be able to move about the boiler room and facility.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts, including day, afternoon, and overnight shifts.
- High School graduate or GED; 2-year technical certificate a plus.
- Must hae a NJ High Pressure Black Seal License
- 3 years of experience operating a boiler room.