Cambrex is the small molecule company that provides drug substance, drug product and analytical services across the entire drug lifecycle. Known for our scientific and manufacturing excellence and customer focus, we offer a range of career opportunities across our global network of locations. As a team, we share one goal – to improve the quality of life for our customers’ patients across the world.
The Operations Excellence Manager coordinates with a variety of business units to develop, test and refine business processes and practices to provide the site and business unit with a competitive advantage within a pharmaceutical CDMO environment. This role must be able to engage with all levels of technology operation teams, engineering, business process owners and management to innovate and implement processes to support business growth. The goal is to maximize value through efficient systems and freeing up manager’s time to focus on the business.
This role is responsible for site-wide process design, using data and metrics to drive continuous improvement and optimization efforts by reducing waste and inefficiencies, but must coordinate efforts across sites within the business unit.
- Designs and implements changes to processes that improve results and reduce cost and eliminate waste.
- Coordinates with a variety of business units to develop, test, and refine business processes / practices.
- Leverages data to drive continuous improvement in areas such as productivity, quality, customer service, and sales.
- Teaches lessons learned and key findings to departments with recommendations for changes and updates for training.
- Creates a roadmap for tools and technology needed to ensure improvement in processes.
- Proactively address problem areas and improve efficiencies.
- Streamlines processed to allow for expansion
- Minimally a bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field from a four-year college or university strongly preferred; and 3+ years related experience within a pharmaceutical and/or CDMO industry.
- Six Sigma/Lean experience a plus.
- Familiar with the design of SOPs, Work Instructions, and Job Aides to improve workflow and compliance
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing and laboratory processes
- Understanding of overall stability processes
- Enhance Sample Lifecycle management
- Strong quantitative capabilities. Adept at drawing conclusions from a variety of data sources.
- Successful management of cross-functional teams to perform process analysis, improvement and implementation on a national scope.
- Exceptional analytical, creative, technical project management and interpersonal skills, along with an intense customer focus.
- Tactful communication (written and presentation) style; need to have the ability to create a story and value proposition, develop presentations, and present in front of internal/external clients, as well as frontline to executive levels.
- Experience leading by influence, and success in being a driver of change in an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively, deal with ambiguity, and manage changing priorities.
- Highly goal and result oriented.
- Prioritizes tasks according to business objectives and can pursue several objectives simultaneously.
- Can work independently with a high degree of self-motivation.
- Knows how to obtain support from different collaborations.
- Tackles problems with enthusiasm and curiosity.
- Treats colleagues at all levels with respect.
- Very effective listening skills with the ability to hear attentively and process information correctly.
- Ability to discuss and reach an agreement in a professional manner.
- Ability to manage and analyze a situation and develop a professional solution to the organization
- Ability to train others