At Cambrex, it’s our people that set us apart. We work locally and have an impact globally. We’re committed to attracting, nurturing and retaining a passionate and talented team of experts in our fast paced and growing company. You will be valued and recognized. We offer an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Life, LTD, generous vacation in your first year, sick time, and retirement savings!
Cambrex is the small molecule company that provides drug substance, drug product and analytical services across the entire drug lifecycle. Known for our scientific and manufacturing excellence and customer focus, we offer a range of career opportunities across our global network of locations. As a team, we share one goal – to improve the quality of life for our customers’ patients across the world.
Position Summary: The Microbiologist will be responsible for daily testing of microbiology samples, water testing, and for other duties as assigned.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Provide laboratory testing support for the Cambrex Charles City Quality Control group
- Perform chemical testing with supervision using analytical instrumentation including TOC, conductivity meter, and Endotoxin reader.
- Perform chemical testing with supervision using standard compendial test methods such as identification, microbial analysis, etc.
- Write and execute microbial methods and validation protocols.
- Adhering to SOPs and regulatory systems as they relate to laboratory testing operations; e.g. cGMP compliance and training
- Communication with supervisors about work status and problems
- Receive and document sample entry into the QC system
- Coordinate laboratory calibrations as needed
- Prepare samples for shipment
- BS/BA in Chemistry/Biology or related science field.
- Experience in a laboratory environment preferred
- Knowledge of analytical instrumentation (GC, HPLC preferred)
- Strong chemistry theory
- Proven ability to handle various project load is preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven work environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective communication skills (oral, written)
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment