At Cambrex, it’s our people that set us apart. We work locally and have an impact globally. We’re committed to attracting, nurturing and retaining a passionate and talented team of experts in our fast paced and growing company. You will be valued and recognized. We offer an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Life, STD, LTD, generous vacation in your first year, sick time, and retirement savings! Cambrex is the small molecule company that provides drug substance, drug product and analytical services across the entire drug lifecycle. Known for our scientific and manufacturing excellence and customer focus, we offer a range of career opportunities across our global network of locations. As a team, we share one goal – to improve the quality of life for our customers’ patients across the world.
The Microbiologist will maintain product quality by conducting microbiology associated tests and monitoring on the manufacturing and packaging environments and systems while adhering to cGMP guidelines.
- Perform Environmental Monitoring by sampling: Total Particulates, Viable Air, Surfaces
- Support aseptic processing in a clean room environment including the ability to aseptically gown in to an area and monitor the environment
- Sample the water systems and perform the microbiology testing on water samples: Bioburden and Bacterial Endotoxin testing
- Perform quality control microbiology testing on incoming organisms, media, reagents, etc
- Clean and maintain laboratory equipment.
- Documentation of results and data entry as per SOPs
- Follow the proper procedures for handling hazardous and biological waste
- Coordinate sample shipping to external laboratories, and review/approve test results
- Provide technical support to media fills activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Environmental monitoring / gown qualification experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Work schedule flexibility, including occasional weekend availability
- Must be able to lift/carry 20-25lbs
- Must be able to ascend/descend a ladder and work in confined spaces
- Required to wear personal protective equipment including a respirator
- Must be able to move about the facility
- Must be able to remain sedentary for periods of time
- Knowledge of basic Microsoft Excel and Word