The Packaging Mechanic II sets up, troubleshoots, provides preventive maintenance, and repair to packaging equipment in a manufacturing environment.
- Set up, operation, cleaning and repair of various packaging equipment (e.g. bottle filler, bottle unscrambler, cartoners, labelers, powder fillers, stick pack machines, induction sealer, labeler, case tapers, tube fillers, bundlers, etc).
- Perform corrective and preventative maintenance aseptically.
- Troubleshoot major mehanical or electrical breakdowns.
- Effectively communicate and multi-task.
- Respond to equipment faults and error messages, to assess potential product impact and act to identify and address root cause.
- Identify improvement opportunities in given processes and procedures.
- Make sure the area is kept clean and orderly during operations.
- Training of other Packaging Mechanics.
- Assist in the design/redesign of process equipment as production requirements warrant.
- Assist in quality investigations and CAPAs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 7+ years working in pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- Solid understanding of cGMP practices and concepts, SOP, Lock Out Tag Out, and OSHA regulations required.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and follow SOPs written in English.
- General mechanical and electrical troubleshooting skills necessary to diagnose, disassemble, repair, and reassemble packaging equipment.
- Knowledge of packaging equipment set-up, adjustments, and packaging documentation is preferred.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment using a PAPR
- Ability to move items up to 35 pounds
- Ability to move about the facility
- Ability to remain in an upright position for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Knowledge of serialization and/or SAP a plus.
- High school diploma/trade school required.
- Skiills and experience in both mechanical and electrical systems.
- Sterile background a plus.