Cambrex is the small molecule company that provides drug substance, drug product and analytical services across the entire drug lifecycle. Known for our scientific and manufacturing excellence and customer focus, we offer a range of career opportunities across our global network of locations. As a team, we share one goal – to improve the quality of life for our customers’ patients across the world.
The Maintenance Planner will effectively write work orders with clear and concise work scope. Plan for all jobs to increase “wrench time” and maximize efficiency. Compiles information into a “job package” that is ready for skilled trades and communicates with skilled trades/supervisors regarding critical steps in the process. Upon completion of jobs communicates with skilled trades/supervisors regarding ideas that would make future jobs more efficient
- Estimate required hours on work order tasks, total work order duration, and skills required to perform the task. Perform field walk downs to identify job requirements and production coordination.
- Plan and schedule jobs with appropriate level of detail for the given trades, including all equipment requirements and engineering or technical documents, specifications and drawings.
- Determine and arrange for parts required to perform work, including complete parts list with locations. Procure equipment and specialized tools required to perform work.
- Coordinate priorities with Production team, placing specific emphasis on obtaining input of operations personnel in the setting of priorities including those impacting Environmental, Health, Safety or others determined as “emergency”.
- Identify safety hazards that may be encountered in performance of proposed work.
- Responsible for initial screening of work requests, identification of scope, and analysis of initial level of planning.
- Maintain a spreadsheet of all outstanding work ranked by area, priority, and equipment availability. Keep list maintained as central point of reference for Maintenance management.
- Execute the Weekly Scheduling Meeting and Daily Maintenance Meeting.
- Accurately measure the maintenance backlog and continually work to maintain no less than 2 weeks of ready backlog at all times.
- Participate in outage planning activities such as scope identification, scheduling, coordination, risk assessment, execution, and continuous improvement.
- Minimum High School Diploma required. BS Mechanical Engineering highly desired.
- 5 + years of experience in manufacturing environment
- Mechanical knowledge of general plant equipment; such as pumps, agitators, seals, pressure gauges, etc.
- General instrumentation and electrical knowledge
- Supervisory experience required
- Knowledge of cGMP equipment and manufacturing operations beneficial
- Demonstrated proficiency I windows based environment including word processing, spreadsheet, and data base programs