At Cambrex, it’s our people that set us apart. We work locally and have an impact globally. We’re committed to attracting, nurturing and retaining a passionate and talented team of experts in our fast paced and growing company. You will be valued and recognized. We offer an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Life, LTD, generous vacation in your first year, sick time, and retirement savings!
Cambrex is the small molecule company that provides drug substance, drug product and analytical services across the entire drug lifecycle. Known for our scientific and manufacturing excellence and customer focus, we offer a range of career opportunities across our global network of locations. As a team, we share one goal – to improve the quality of life for our customers’ patients across the world.
The Laboratory Support Specialist, reporting the Quality Control Supervisor, will provide necessary laboratory supporting duties including controlled substance (CS) inventory, CS witnessing and storage and GMP glasswasher operation for the Quality Control department and similar overflow support for the R&D departments as needed.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain and complete controlled substance container records.
- Update and maintain the CS databases.
- Perform controlled substance secondary confirmation (observe and verify controlled substance work) in the analytical laboratories.
- Maintain inventory, cleanliness, and organization of Sample Storage Areas
- Assist in supporting the retained sample inventory program for controlled substances.
- Assist with material and control substance inventory.
- Transfer and/or receive controlled substance to designated laboratory locations.
- Routinely perform controlled substance laboratory disposal.
- Operation of GMP glasswashers.
- Adherence to all government controlled substance regulations.
- Provide additional laboratory support services as needed.
All employees are required to adhere to DEA, EPA, FDA, ICH and cGMP regulations and guidelines as they relate to the operation of the company in addition to adhering to all company safety rules and procedures. All employees are expected to report to work regularly and promptly. Other duties relating to departmental mission, not specifically detailed in this section may be assigned.
- Minimum of a high school degree or GED required
- Attention to detail required
- Experience with chemical handling preferred
- Basic computer literacy
Cambrex is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.