At Cambrex, it’s our people that set us apart. We work locally and have an impact globally. We’re committed to attracting, nurturing and retaining a passionate and talented team of experts in our fast paced and growing company. You will be valued and recognized. We offer an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Life, STD, LTD, generous vacation in your first year, sick time, and retirement savings!
Cambrex is the small molecule company that provides drug substance, drug product and analytical services across the entire drug lifecycle. Known for our scientific and manufacturing excellence and customer focus, we offer a range of career opportunities across our global network of locations. As a team, we share one goal – to improve the quality of life for our customers’ patients across the world.
As a Laboratory Support Services Analyst, you will provide a variety of support for laboratory functions in accordance with SOP’s & GMP practices. This role is responsible for the cleanliness of the laboratory and to provide functional assistance for glassware maintenance, autoclave, and media preparation. You will become familiar with departmental duties such as operation of equipment, documentation requirements, and following standard operating procedures in this role. As a LSS Analyst, you will receive introductory cross training within the Microbiology, Analytical, and CRS areas, as well as provides miscellaneous back up support to other team members within your department.
- Washes glassware & ensures they are free of any cracks/rings/stains before returning to use
- Maintains cleanliness of various labs (Level I, II & III), sample storage areas, & LSS work area
- Performs autoclaving activities; cleans & preps various equipment for sterilization
- Monitors, stocks, and prepares various media & PPE inventory in storage room, refrigerators, & labs as needed; verifies all media & material expiration dates; organizes shifting media preparation
- Conducts in house water sampling; performs pH Calibration
- Clearly & accurately documents all LSS activities
- Balances & reagent verification
- Supports Microbiology & Analytical Chemistry, & CRS labs through a variety of tasks.
- Other duties as assigned by management
Education & Experience
Associate’s Degree or certificate in related science discipline, or a High School Diploma with 1+ years of experience in regulated environment
- Basic understanding of GMP requirements
- Good understanding of company SOP’s & requirements
- Knowledge of appropriate gowning procedures required to safely perform assigned duties
Skills and Abilities
- Follows written procedures; performs basic math calculations
- Promotes a safe work environment. Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and may be in clean room gowning for extended period of time. Understands & follows safety procedures & works in a manner to avoid injury to self and co-workers.
- Ability to work in a regulated environment (FDA/DEO/OSHA) and strictly follow procedures
- Effectively communicates both verbally & in writing. Ability to read & comprehend detailed written instructions.
- Ability to clearly & concisely document all work activities in a timely manner utilizing existing forms & records. Writes legibly.
- Performs basic math functions to include product accountability, material adjustment calculations & rounding.
- Ability to move materials through facility using appropriate methods & equipment.
- Operate machinery & read process control instruments to ensure proper operation.
- Ability to clean rooms, equipment, & tools for use in cGMP environment.
- Ability to maintain positive attendance record.
- Positive attitude & the ability to work in a team environment.