Under the general supervision of the Director, HR, this incumbent will plan and implement human resources and talent acquisition programs and policies. The Human Resources Business partner will support recruitment, compensation, visa/green card processing, employee relations, benefits and training for the Whippany site.
- Spearhead Full Life Cycle Recruitment process, including working with hiring managers, job descriptions, job posting, candidate screening, managing candidate flow, interviews, drafting offer letters, background checks and closing out the requisition. Souring to include:
- Network and identify candidates through industry contacts, on line resources, job fairs, etc.
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting
- Utilize the internet for recruiting to post positions; continue to improve the company website recruiting page; research new ways to use the Internet for recruitment – use social and professional networking sites to identify and source candidates.
- Experience working in an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and managing reporting metrics
- Evaluate and conduct onboarding training programs
- Provide advice and counsel to members of the management team and associates related to application of HR policies and programs, and applicable employment laws and regulations.
- Provide HR support with employee relations issues as needed, documenting interactions and following up as necessary.
- Manage sickness leaves, long term benefits and returns to work, updates employee files accordingly
- Manage the Immigration Process from start to finish, including meeting with employee, serve as liaison with attorney and completion of documents.
- Manage benchmarking of salary grades and ranges; review current market trends and make recommendations in order to insure comp is competitive
- Work with ADP to develop additional reporting tools; train internal users
- Assist in annual merit process, including training and providing guidance for managers and employees; review drafts of performance reviews prior to delivery to employee.
- Assist in review of company- wide benefits and open enrollment process
- Assist with implementation of projects and process improvement activities related to employment legislation, HR systems, practices, procedures and compliance.
- Serve as back up for Senior Director, HR in his/her absence
- Other duties as assigned.
- Keen sense of urgency with a high level of attention to detail
- Self -starter who can work independently
- Ability to work with all levels of management and employees
- Ability to analyze and render sound judgment relative to employee relations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of state/federal relevant laws
- Must be able to remain sedentary for extended periods of time
- Must be able to move about the facility
- B.S. in Human Resources, Business or related field of study.
- Minimum of 5 years of HR generalist experience preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Track record of Recruiting experience
- Experience with an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) highly preferred
- Experience working with Reporting metrics highly preferred