At Cambrex, it’s our people that set us apart. We work locally and have an impact globally. We’re committed to attracting, nurturing and retaining a passionate and talented team of experts in our fast paced and growing company. You will be valued and recognized. We offer an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision, STD, Life, LTD, generous vacation in your first year, sick time, and retirement savings!
Cambrex is the small molecule company that provides drug substance, drug product and analytical services across the entire drug lifecycle. Known for our scientific and manufacturing excellence and customer focus, we offer a range of career opportunities across our global network of locations. As a team, we share one goal – to improve the quality of life for our customers’ patients across the world.
The Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for partnering with assigned business area with a focus on recruitment, retention, performance management, employee development, engagement, compensation and succession planning. As the HR Business Partner, she/he contributes to policy administration, compliance efforts, and works collaboratively with other HR personnel within and across sites to provide a comprehensive HR service experience. As the HR Partner, you may be involved in projects across sites and business units. Acts as an advocate for all associates. Recommends and implements solutions to resolve associate issues.
Promotes leadership effectiveness and compliance with HR policies and programs through coaching people leaders, facilitating learning programs, and delivering standardized tools and best practices. Also, uses knowledge of various human resources practices, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, and employee relations, to provide strategic and operational HR support to people managers.
- Developing and implementing career development initiatives
- Partnering with management to foster strong retention of employees
- Advising on critical performance and employee relations related discussions and plans
- Partners with management and HR partners on workforce planning strategies
- Supports recruitment efforts from candidate identification through offer, including supporting search assignments
- In partnership with recruiting team, develop and maintain strong working relationships with local community colleges and universities to create a pipeline of future applicants, and participate in career fairs
- Manages employee onboarding and exits providing pragmatic coaching to site management addressing retention, talent development, organizational design, performance management, succession planning, and manager coaching
- Responding to inquiries from employees regarding HR policies, procedures, and programs
- Facilitates on-going recruitment efforts, job evaluation, compensation, promotion and similar to promote a diverse workforce
- Responsibilities encompass the full scope of Human Resources’ practices and includes among others personnel, labor and employee relations, policies and procedures, compensation, classification and recruitment within corporate guidelines.
- Advocates for site and business unit need
- Maintains accurate and well-ordered documentation
- Maintains strict confidentiality and fosters positive employee relations
- Assists in organizational training and development efforts
- Contributes to the success of HR programs related to recognition, years of service, employee wellness and others.
- Manages employee leave with internal and external partners
- Interpret, evaluate and apply independent judgment and decision-making regarding staff policies and procedures, as needed
- Resolve Employee Relations issues for assigned employee groups. Monitor trends and advise HR Management as to issues.
- Confers with Managers to identify personnel needs, workforce planning strategies, and search assignments.
- Travels to multiple office locations providing partnership and counsel, as needed.
- Maintains current working knowledge of employment law and HR compliance.
- Will perform other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Manages or contributes to special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university required; PHR-CA /SPHR-CA or SHRM certification preferred.
- Knowledge of federal and state employment law.
- Knowledge of CO employment law regulations preferred.
- 5+ years HR experience, with at least 1 year of recruitment experience and 1 year of HR Business Partner experience, including talent and performance management, compensation and employee engagement
- Experience with Change Management preferred
- Experience with Project Management preferred
- Similar fast-paced industry experience preferred
- Experience with coaching management and employees
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form.
- Experience in writing policies, job descriptions, job postings, and reports.
- Demonstrate strong computer skills in Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining quality.
- Demonstrated ability for strong attention to detail and problem-solving.
- Demonstrated ability to make practical, realistic and timely decisions after considering facts, available resources and potential risks, and utilizing reason when dealing with sensitive topics.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to present ideas and information in a clear, concise, organized, and diplomatic manner.
- Experience overseeing a broad scope of complex personnel and related functions such as recruitment and selection, employee relations, performance management, compensation and classification, policy and procedure development, compliance management, benefits administration, organizational development, terminations and layoffs and affirmative action.
- Knowledge and understanding of and ability to interpret and apply local, state, and federal employment laws, including FMLA/CFRA/PDL/ADA/FEHA.