Cambrex is the small molecule company that provides drug substance, drug product and analytical services across the entire drug lifecycle. Known for our scientific and manufacturing excellence and customer focus, we offer a range of career opportunities across our global network of locations. As a team, we share one goal – to improve the quality of life for our customers’ patients across the world.
The main purpose of the Head of Solid Form Screening is to lead, develop and direct the Solid Form Screening team and ensure delivery of solid form characterization and screening projects to the highest technical standards on the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) or intermediates of Cambrex clients. The role will include extensive line management responsibilities, project leading of solid form screening projects, planning and resourcing of solid form screening projects and introduction of new technologies and service offerings. The Head of Solid Form Screening will also ensure the maintenance of compliance to quality and safety systems at Cambrex.
- BSc / Masters / PhD in chemistry orin appropriate area of solid-state chemistry.
- Minimum of 8 years industrial experience in a pharmaceutical company / contract research organization.
- Experience in all aspects of polymorph, salt, co-crystal, and/or crystallisation screening for APIs.
- Experience in pre-formulation and development of formulations for oral solid dosage.
- High level of practical in solid-state analytical techniques (e.g. XRPD, DSC, TG/DTA, microscopy, DVS, single crystal X-ray diffraction) and more general spectroscopic (e.g. NMR, FT-IR, Raman) and wet chemistry techniques.
- Familiar with working within ISO9001 and/or cGMP quality standards.
- Experience in managing and developing a team of more than 15 scientists.
- Experience with working safely in a lab environment and adhering to local and corporate SHE policies.
- Experience in leading client meetings and discussing technical data clearly and succinctly.
- Experience in resourcing and planning of project work schedules.
- Experience in supporting business development such as presenting at client sites and writing project proposals.
- Familiarity in reviewing and discussing financial metrics such as EBITDA and P/L data.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Be well organised and able to manage high workloads.
- Able to meet deadlines and plan one’s own work effectively.
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills.
- Be commercially aware of business development needs.
- Knowledgeable of the pharmaceutical development continuum of APIs.