At Cambrex, it’s our people that set us apart. We work locally and have an impact globally. We’re committed to attracting, nurturing and retaining a passionate and talented team of experts in our fast paced and growing company. You will be valued and recognized. We offer an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Life, LTD, generous vacation in your first year, sick time, and retirement savings!
Cambrex is the small molecule company that provides drug substance, drug product and analytical services across the entire drug lifecycle. Known for our scientific and manufacturing excellence and customer focus, we offer a range of career opportunities across our global network of locations. As a team, we share one goal – to improve the quality of life for our customers’ patients across the world.
In this role, the Group Leader, NPD – Process Chemistry, will lead and supervise a team of PhD Scientists and Sr Scientists in day-to-day laboratory activities in transferring and developing manufacturing processes toward new high value-added pharmaceutical intermediates and bulk pharmaceutical drugs. This role will also collaborate with other departments within organization as well as participate in technical discussions with clients with an expert level of technical proficiency. Engage in creation of processes and equipment design for clinical, scale up and registration batches including technology transfer of projects to and from clients. Other duties include staff development and supervision, documentation review, technical leadership and customer interaction.
- Set a high standard of performance as an expert organic chemist, safety both in laboratory setting and in process transfer and development.
- Experience in design of manufacturing processes and support problem solving as necessary with leadership and independent judgement
- Responsible for setting a high standard of documentation review and technical expertise.
- Provide oversight to the transfer and development of manufacturing processes toward new high value-added pharmaceutical intermediates and bulk pharmaceutical drugs and will leverage their experience to guide these efforts as needed.
- Supervise and lead a team of PhD Scientists in direct day to day activities of laboratory, including safe practices, technical guidance and leadership as needed.
- Development and training of staff to provide a challenging career path for them.
- Work with Talent Acquisition and HR team to recruit staff as needed to support the company’s growth.
- Ensure guidance and/or project leadership is provided for cross functional project teams.
- Participate in evaluation of new business opportunities as needed.
- Guide and advise during implementation of new synthetic processes.
- Engage in process technology transfer of projects.
- Direct resolution of problems related to API production.
- Research industry practices and processes and apply to innovative development internally and for client products.
- Liaise with internal scientific, analytical, and laboratory functional areas to meet project and team objectives.
- Perform all duties in strict compliance with Standard Operating Procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Laboratory Practices and Safety guidelines.
- Maintain the necessary compliance status required by company and facility standards.
All employees are required to adhere to DEA, EPA, FDA and cGMP regulations as they relate to the operation of the Company; and to adhere to all company safety rules and procedures. All employees are expected to report to work regularly and promptly. Other duties relating to departmental mission, not specifically detailed in this section may be assigned.
- PhD in Organic Chemistry
- 7 + years’ experience in industrial multi-step organic synthesis and process implementation.
- Pharmaceutical development, API production and scale up experience required
- Operational knowledge of analytical instrumentation
- Supervisory and leadership experience required
- Familiarity with cGMP Manufacturing regulations
- Strong command of chemical literature is required
- Strong technical documentation expertise
- Project management experience strongly preferred