Group Leader, New Product Development
- Tracking Code
If you’re looking for a dynamic career move, look no further.
Cambrex is an innovative life sciences company with a refreshingly human approach. Driven by passion, our pharmaceutical products, expertise and technologies are accelerating small molecule therapeutics into the market to help businesses grow.
- We are tried and trusted across branded and generic API markets
- We put all of our energy and experience into being a partner of choice
- Our people are the experts customers enjoy working with
Headquartered in East Rutherford, New Jersey, Cambrex supports its customers worldwide with a network of API R&D and cGMP manufacturing facilities across the US and Europe.
As the number one contract manufacturing organization (CMO) for small molecule APIs in the USA and one of the fastest growing CMOs in Europe, we are leading the way in terms of small molecule API development and manufacturing. Not only that, our passionate people love what they do and always go the extra mile for our customers.
Create a better world at Cambrex
Known for our manufacturing excellence, experience and innovative science, we offer a range of career opportunities across our global network of locations. As a team, we share one goal – to improve quality of life for our customers’ patients across the world.
Cambrex Charles City, Inc. is a subsidiary of Cambrex and develops and manufactures active pharmaceutical ingredients, fine chemicals and pharmaceutical intermediates for a wide range of applications.
Find out more about life at Cambrex
Watch our video: Meet the Cambrex experts
Reporting to the Director-Research and Development, the Group Leader – New Product Development will supervise day to day laboratory activities while providing leadership in developing synthetic pathways and manufacturing processes toward new high value added pharmaceutical intermediates and bulk pharmaceutical drugs. This hands on position will involved approximately 30% bench work with the remainder involved in staff supervision, project management, customer interaction, project results reporting, team collaboration, pilot plant support work and bench to pilot plant process technology transferral.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the development of synthetic pathways and manufacturing processes toward new high value added pharmaceutical intermediates and bulk pharmaceutical drugs
- Responsible for planning and executing laboratory research and develoment activities
- Direct day to day activities of laboratory personnel, providing technical guidance and leadership as needed.
- Provide guidance and/or project leadership for cross functional project teams
- Lead process development and plant support as needed
- Participate in evaluation of new business opportunities as needed
- Provide guidance to laboratory personnel for safe laboratory practices
- PhD in Organic Chemistry with 7 or more years of industrial experience in multi-step organic synthesis and process implementation.
- Experience in pharmaceutical development required
- Operational knowledge of analytical instrumentation
- Supervisory experience required
- Familiarity with cGMP regulations
- Strong command of chemical literature is required
- Project management experience strongly preferred
- Windows based computer knowledge
Cambrex Charles City offers an extraordinary opportunity, a competitive salary, and an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision care and prescription, life, LTD, STD; 401(k) with employer match; tuition reimbursement; and the ‘Arthur I. Mendolia Scholarship Program.’ Relocation assistance will be offered for this position. Post offer physical and drug screen are required. Cambrex Charles City, Inc. is a smoke-free work environment. Interested candidates should submit a resume online at: www.cambrex.com/careers.Thank you for your interest in Cambrex Charles City!
Agencies should not forward resumes to Cambrex through this source. Please visit www.cambrex.com to become a preferred vendor and submit a Request for Proposal (RFP) online for consideration. Cambrex will not be responsible for any fees arising from the use of resumes through this source.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.