The Group Leader, New Product Development, will supervise day to day laboratory activities while providing leadership in developing synthetic pathways and manufacturing processes toward new high value-added pharmaceutical intermediates and bulk pharmaceutical drugs. This position will involve staff supervision, project management, customer interaction, project results reporting, team collaboration, pilot plant support work and bench to pilot plant process technology transferal.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the development of synthetic pathways and manufacturing processes toward new high value-added pharmaceutical intermediates and bulk pharmaceutical drugs
- Direct day to day activities of laboratory personnel, providing technical guidance and leadership as needed.
- Provide guidance and/or project leadership for cross functional project teams
- Lead process development and plant support as needed
- Participate in evaluation of new business opportunities as needed
- Provide guidance to laboratory personnel for safe laboratory practices
All employees are required to adhere to DEA, EPA, FDA and cGMP regulations as they relate to the operation of the Company; and to adhere to all company safety rules and procedures. All employees are expected to report to work regularly and promptly. Other duties relating to departmental mission, not specifically detailed in this section may be assigned.
- PhD in Organic Chemistry with 7 or more years of industrial experience in multi-step organic synthesis and process implementation.
- Experience in pharmaceutical development required
- Operational knowledge of analytical instrumentation
- Supervisory experience required
- Familiarity with cGMP regulations
- Strong command of chemical literature is required
- Project management experience strongly preferred
- Windows based computer knowledge
Link to Apply: https://careers-cambrex.icims.com/jobs/1858/group-leader—new-product-development/job?mode=view