Position Title: Formulations Scientist
Job Location(s): Longmont, CO
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Type: Full Time
Starting Salary Range: Competitive
Cambrex (www.Cambrex.com) is seeking a highly motivated, energetic, results-oriented individual to join our team of dedicated professionals focused on customer service and quality. We are currently accepting resumes.
We are seeking an Associate Scientist to support formulation design and development activities within the Formulation team.
This role will be responsible for executing oral solid dosage formulation experiments for drug product process development and analytical testing to primarily support early stages of the CDMO projects.
- Assists on formulation and drug product process development projects, with an emphasis on early stages of development.
- Conducts physicochemical characterization and pre-formulation activities
- Uses fit for purpose analytical methods to support formulation development, and research stability testing.
- Perform solid-state chemistry (i.e. polymorph, salt) screening experiments
- Maintain good documentation practices for all laboratory experiments
- Collaborate with other team members
- Participates in general lab and instrument maintenance.
- B.S. with 0-3 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Industry experience in early phase oral solid dosage formulation development, primarily tablets and capsules
- Experience with immediate release is required; experience in modified release formulations is desired.
- Experience in pre-formulation, including excipient compatibility and solid form selection, is desired.
- Experience in analytical support, such as HPLC and dissolution is required.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills are required.
- Prioritizes tasks according to business objectives and can pursue several objectives simultaneously.
Cambrex is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.