The Financial Analyst will be part of the Whippany Finance Team and will be responsible for analyzing and managing the processes surrounding both the Commercial and Project Development customer business segments with a focus on Revenue and Accounts Receivable. This position is highly visible and works directly with key managers to analyze customer accounts for profitability by considering revenue generation and all associated costs. Additionally, this individual contributor will ensure customers are invoiced timely for work completed including developing, implementing and monitoring controls to prevent revenue leakage, and lend support in managing and reporting any credit and collections risks.
• Own the revenue recognition process and the generation of customer invoices for both the manufacturing and development business units, as well as manage related communications with external clients.
• Own the data management and reporting of Accounts Receivables collections, as well as support the resolution of issues that may occur with invoices.
• Responsible for related month-end closing of the accounting records and reporting to Corporate Finance.
• Develop and implement reporting and communications to detect and prevent missed billing milestones.
• Reconcile the deposit/prepayment account, evaluating existing deposits for clearing against revenue throughout the life of a project.
• Evaluate credit risks for new and existing customers and manage credit limits based on historical data and external D&B reports.
• Create, prepare and distribute various reports provided to internal customers, as well as support ad hoc data and information requests, as needed.
• Must be analytical and detail-oriented; demonstrating accuracy and completeness.
• Must be organized, able to prioritize and capable to work across the organization.
• Intermediate-to-Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
• Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as solid interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of account reconciliations and general accounting required.
• Ability to work as part of a team; contributing with a positive spirit.
• Familiarity with ERP Systems (SAP)
• Must be able to remain sedentary for extended periods of time
Bachelors Degree in Finance/Accounting
• Experience working in a pharmaceutical environment desired, but not required.
• Greater than three years working experience in Accounting/Finance Department, preferably in a Manufacturing Environment
• Familiarity with ERP Systems (SAP) desired.