At Cambrex, it’s our people that set us apart. We work locally and have an impact globally. We’re committed to attracting, nurturing, and retaining a passionate and talented team of experts in our fast paced and growing company. You will be valued and recognized. We offer an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Life, LTD, generous vacation in your first year, sick time, and retirement savings!
Cambrex is the small molecule company that provides drug substance, drug product and analytical services across the entire drug lifecycle. Known for our scientific and manufacturing excellence and customer focus, we offer a range of career opportunities across our global network of locations. As a team, we share one goal – to improve the quality of life for our customers’ patients across the world.
The Director of Communications is responsible for developing, planning, and executing effective internal and external communications for the Cambrex team of companies. You’ll provide strategic counsel, develop communications plans, and implement high impact coordinated communications messages for audiences within the US market and across Cambrex. This role will elevate the voice of Cambrex executives — internally and externally — across all channels and across audiences — media, analysts, employees, investors, and shareholders.
We are looking for a dynamic team player with excellent communications skills who can distill complex ideas into simple, compelling messages. You will be responsible for developing and executing a communications strategy and overseeing change management communications. You will ensure a tone that is authentic, consistent, and clear. You are a team player with a solution-oriented mindset who wants to work at an innovative, vision-forward company. You like to work collaboratively and know how to have fun. This role will report to the CHRO at Cambrex.
- Establish and cultivate a sustainable, cohesive internal communications approach to engage and motivate employees across business units and the organization globally
- Create a clear understanding of the Cambrex “employer brand” and embed it into all communications
- Ensure employees are informed and engaged about the Company’s vision and the positive impact on customers and patients
- Create communications to support the company culture based on values to attract and retain talent
- Prepare and manage communications related to Issues management
- Design the communications architecture for Cambrex’ internal intranet, including style guide; establish intranet governance protocols and partner with IT management on governance management; ensure intranet enhances internal communications and collaboration across business units and groups
- Write and manage internal communications including organizational announcements
- Work with the Integration Management Office (IMO) to create and manage communications plans for M&A integration, including preparation and dissemination of materials to various internal (and external) stakeholders.
- Establish the Cambrex “story” and cascade to relevant stakeholders
- Bring the story to life and amplify corporate branding online including value identity (logo, fonts color scheme, imagery), Brand strategy (mission and values, positioning, reasons to believe), and brand voice (essence, tone, personality)
- Issues management
- Partner with Marketing on Brand PR and enhancing social media- Cambrex “presence”
- Manage Media relations,
- Manage speaking opportunities and prepare executives and technical experts
- Partner with Marketing Communications on customer-facing/ external website to ensure clear articulation of the Cambrex brand and provision of key information to customers, investors, media, potential employees
Create and manage communication through a variety of means:
- Executive communications including the CEO and ELT
- Channel management
- Corporate branding
- Communication of quarterly performance- eg preparation of CEO Leadership Forum materials, BU President town hall materials including quarterly performance
Education, Experience, and Other Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 10+ years of experience in a business communications or agency environment.
- Strong business acumen and executive presence with a history of cultivating trusting relationships with executive leaders.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong writing and story-telling skills, editorial judgment
- The ability to distill complex and sometimes voluminous content into clear, concise, and engaging communications.
- Proficient at creating communication cascades within matrix organizations.
- Experience managing issues, crisis communications and organizational change communications.
- A track record of consistently acting with urgency as appropriate.
- Strong customer-orientation and proven track record of collaborative work relationships.
- Ability to drive both strategy and tactical execution, in highly visible role.
- Experience in the creation and management of M&A related communications.
#1 small molecule API Contract Manufacturing Organization (CMO) in the USA
Double digit sales growth each of the last 5 years
Recent $75 million expansion of our large-scale API facility
Winner of 30 CMO Leadership Awards in 2017
IOWA – Ranked #1 state for best place to live by US News and World Report
Leading Western supplier of generic APIs including ADHD and other controlled substances
Cambrex is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.