At Cambrex, it’s our people that set us apart. We work locally and have an impact globally. We’re committed to attracting, nurturing, and retaining a passionate and talented team of experts in our fast paced and growing company. You will be valued and recognized. We offer an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Life, LTD, generous vacation in your first year, sick time, and retirement savings!
Cambrex is the small molecule company that provides drug substance, drug product and analytical services across the entire drug lifecycle. Known for our scientific and manufacturing excellence and customer focus, we offer a range of career opportunities across our global network of locations. As a team, we share one goal – to improve the quality of life for our customers’ patients across the world.
The Director, HR Integration Manager will partner with the internal Cambrex HR Centers of Excellence, Business HR Business Partners, Corporate Development Integration Leaders, and acquired leadership teams through all phases of a M&A project. This role will be based in East Rutherford, New Jersey, but will have a global scope, supporting acquisitions across all geographies and business lines.
The ideal candidate has a passion for owning and driving process and operational improvement, and a track record of thinking outside the box to deliver innovations on behalf of customers.
The right candidate will possess a hybrid program/project management background with demonstrated experience leading simultaneous initiatives as well as extensive experience across the breadth of Human Resources workstreams. Our team works in a fast-paced, global environment and someone who thrives working on high-profile projects, enjoys travel and is comfortable interacting with a wide range of HR and business professionals across all levels would be well-suited for this role.
- Serve as the lead, project manager and primary point of contact for all HR related issues for M&A transactions.
- Provide guidance and counsel to the IMO on HR related issues including retention and restructuring.
- Provide hands-on support and project management in all HR matters for all phases in the M&A process from due diligence through integration and ultimate transition to business HR teams.
- Partner with key HR subject matter experts to deliver solutions for integration issues such as:, recruiting, benefits, compensation, payroll, time and attendance, retirement plans, stock/equity, HR compliance, employee relations, organization design, diversity & inclusion, talent management, performance management, development and training.
- Help to continuously improve the Global Expansion/M&A program & tools at Cambrex by identifying ways to improve the employee or customer experience – via automation, simplification, or other types of process improvement; partnering cross-functionally to influence and implement change.
- Drive appropriate M&A and country due diligence and integration activities, including job leveling together with other relevant HR functions.
- Provide excellent customer service to all stakeholders by helping to resolve any issues/questions.
- Ensure tools, best practices and lessons learned are documented and communicated within the internal HR teams.
- Travel as needed, often on short notice (frequency will vary)
Education, Experience, and Other Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- 10 + years of business-related experience is required.
- Experience as a Project Manager/Program Manager in Human Resources or with M&A integration is required.
- Strong business acumen and ability to work effectively across business lines and varying cultures.
- Extensive change management experience
- Proficiency in project planning methodologies and tools, ability to scale tools (e.g., excel-based) to automated solutions (e.g., project management tools with automated dependency management).
- Experience multi-tasking and handle various projects simultaneously to drive timely results.
- A track record of consistently acting with urgency as appropriate.
- Strong customer-orientation and proven track record of collaborative work relationships.
- Ability to drive both strategy and tactical execution, in highly visible role.
#1 small molecule API Contract Manufacturing Organization (CMO) in the USA
Double digit sales growth each of the last 5 years
Recent $75 million expansion of our large-scale API facility
Winner of 30 CMO Leadership Awards in 2017
IOWA – Ranked #1 state for best place to live by US News and World Report
Leading Western supplier of generic APIs including ADHD and other controlled substances
Cambrex is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.