The Corporate Counsel reports directly to the General Counsel and supports all levels of a global life sciences organization and is responsible primarily for all aspects of managing complex commercial transactions and providing day-to-day legal suport to our global sales, services, and support teams and a variety of other stakeholders across North America and Europe. Also supports M&A, general litigation, employment matters, regulatory affairs, and environmental matters.
- Review, draft, and negotiate various commercial agreements to support our global business activities, including master services agreements and related statements of work, supply agreements, procurement/vendor agreements, nondisclosure agreements, and any other commercial matters.
- Identify and explain commercial agreement terms and associated risks to the relevant business stakeholders, and interpret contract requirements, obligations, and risk assessment or exposure, and advise on same.
- Resolve issues that arise in commercial relationships, including but not limited to handling pre-litigation disputes, inquiries, and advise.
- Develop strategic relationships with internal business leaders and stakeholders as well as vendors and suppliers to support transactions relating to the day-to-day operations of the company.
- Provide thoughtful and practical business and legal advice to help support global business initiatives and development of relationships with strategic partners.
- Perform additinal tasks as requested by the General Counsel and other corporate officers, and provide other legal advice and services as the legal needs of the organization arise.
- 5-7 years of progressive experience in a recognized law firm or corporate lalw department
- B.A. or B.S. from a 4-year college or university of recognized standing
- J.D. from an ABA accredited, prominent, national law school
- Membersdhip in a state bar with good standing
- Experience working with multinational companies and cients
- Strong negotiating and drafting skills
- Ability to operate autonomously while being a team player who brings a positive attitude to the workforce
- The abiity to provide timely advice, exercise good judgement and work confidently with internal and external stakeholders and all levels of management