Senior Scientist – Research & Development
GENEROUS RELOCATION ASSISTANCE!!
- #1 Small molecule API Contract Manufacturing Organization (CMO) in the USA
- Double digit sales growth each of the last 5 years
- Recent $50 million expansion of our large-scale API facility
- Winner of 30 CMO Leadership Awards in 2017
- Located in IOWA – #1 ranked state for best place to live by US News and World Report
- Leading Western supplier of generic APIs including ADHD and other controlled substances
The Senior Scientist will lead and assist with efforts in developing synthetic pathways and manufacturing processes toward new high value added pharmaceutical intermediates and bulk pharmaceutical drugs. This hands-on position will involve approximately 70% bench work with the remainder involved in results reporting, team collaboration, bench to pilot plant process technology transferal and pilot plant support work.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Leading and Assisting with the development of synthetic pathways and manufacturing processes toward new high value added pharmaceutical intermediates and bulk pharmaceutical drugs
- Planning and executing laboratory research including kilo lab scale work
- Participate on cross functional project teams within Research and Development and across the Company
- Assume leadership roles for process development and plant support as needed and appropriate
- Utilizing professional concepts to contribute to the development of Company concepts and principles and to achieve objectives in a creative and effective manner
- PhD in Organic Chemistry or similar with 5 or more years of industrial experience in multi-step organic synthesis and process implementation.
- Masters in Organic Chemistry or similar with 10 or more years of industrial experience and proven command of multi-step synthesis of small molecule APIs would be considered
- Operational knowledge of analytical instrumentation such as HPLC, GC, NMR required
- Strong command of chemical literature is required
- Good project management skills required
- Familiarity with high potency APIs and controlled substance handling a plus
- Familiarity with Empower a plus
- Experience in a manufacturing environment a plus
- Familiarity with compliance requirements within cGMP, safety and regulatory environments
- The ability to solve extremely complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible variables
- Ability to work in a highly independent and self-directed work environment.
Find out more about life at Cambrex
Watch our video: Meet the Cambrex experts
Cambrex Charles City offers an extraordinary opportunity, a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, RX, vision, dental and life, LTD, STD, 401K with employer match; tuition reimbursement; and the ‘Arthur I. Mendolia Scholarshp program’. Post offer physical and drug screen are required. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements online: www.cambrex.com/careers.
Thank you for your interest in Cambrex Charles City!
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.