The Buyer / Planner is responsible for procurement of pharmaceutical materials, supplies, and services for the smooth and efficient operation of the Manufacturing Site. The Buyer / Planner function has the objective of collaborating across all required functions and ensuring material availability is on time and in full, improving the quality, price and customer service provided by company suppliers and vendors. As required, the Buyer / Planner will be assigned projects that enhance the Procurement and Supply Chain group.
- Procure Raw Materials, Packaging components, Lab supplies, Building Services or Supplies and API (when needed) to ensure all required material to efficiently operate the site is available on time.
- Place orders and ensures that all POs, supplier numbers, part numbers, descriptions, corrections and maintenance in the computer is performed in an orderly and timely manner.
- Follow-up with suppliers on delivery dates, order issues to ensure adequate inventory is consistently available.
- Work with Planner and Supply Chain Specialist to ensure all component shortages are reviewed, communicate in advance if deadlines will be impacted.
- Recommend more efficient frequencies of buying to help reduce workload (incoming inspection & QC) and balance with increasing inventory amounts.
- Identify alternate Suppliers, sets up new Suppliers and maintains existing Supplier accounts.
- Solicit bids/pricing from suppliers and service providers to ensure best pricing is obtained.
- Maintains open order report for easy tracking of requirements.
- Responsible for operating under GMPs and SOPs; maintains confidential information.
- Other projects and duties, as assigned.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of actions; Displays orientation to profitability.
- Project Management – Develops and coordinates project plans; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities. Follows through on commitments.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group settings; Uses reason when dealing with emotional topics.
- Must be able to remain sedentary for periods of time and move about the facility to interact with others.
BA/BS Degree desired
- 7 plus years of procurement experience in a professional pharmaceutical procurement environment
- Manufacturing Site experience
- Expertise in SAP and Excel
- Inventory Management, a plus