At Cambrex, it’s our people that set us apart. We work locally and have an impact globally. We’re committed to attracting, nurturing and retaining a passionate and talented team of experts in our fast paced and growing company. You will be valued and recognized. We offer an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Life, STD, LTD, generous vacation in your first year, sick time, and retirement savings!
Cambrex is the small molecule company that provides drug substance, drug product and analytical services across the entire drug lifecycle. Known for our scientific and manufacturing excellence and customer focus, we offer a range of career opportunities across our global network of locations. As a team, we share one goal – to improve the quality of life for our customers’ patients across the world.
The Associate Manager, Analytical Chemistry leads a growing team of Chemistry Analysts and manages the Analytical Chemistry department. This role is accountable for the output of the team members and the financial performance of the department. The Agawam site specializes in testing a diverse array of raw materials, medical devices and finished pharmaceutical products for hundreds of clients. The Analytical Chemistry laboratory supports routine testing but also develops, validates, verifies, and transfers a vast array of test methods with a fleet of GMP equipment.
As part of the Agawam management team, the Associate Manager has a unique opportunity to develop a team, grow a department, provide fresh perspectives, implement improvements, and build a strong and successful culture. An Associate Manager creates departmental systems and monitors while fostering a culture of continuous improvement focused on value to the customer. The successful Associate Manager will lead the team to improve the consistency and predictability of quality, pace and cost for the Analytical Chemistry laboratory.
- Manages day to day operations of the department in a GMP environment
- Creates schedules with prioritized tasks for each team member
- Holds regular meetings with the team to assess resources, workload and finalize plans
- Regularly inspects work to ensure quality and pace of work
- Delegates work to team members and follows up to ensure accuracy and on time completion
- Recruits, trains, develops, motivates and retains team members to support optimal performance of the department
- Advocates for laboratory safety, cleanliness and security
- Provides technical guidance for troubleshooting and investigations
- Interacts directly with clients in a variety of settings
- Promotes capabilities
- Offers sound expertise and solutions
- Manages expectations and resolves concerns
- Ensures that the analytical chemistry laboratory is maintained in an audit ready state
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or related science field required, Advanced degree preferred
- 4+ years of experience in a GMP analytical chemistry testing laboratory
- 2+ years in leadership roles
- Experience supporting compendial testing (USP, EP, JP, ACS, FCC, etc.) for wet chemistry, chromatographic, and spectrophotometric analyses
- Experience performing root cause analysis for quality events
- Basic business acumen
- Clear and effective oral and written communications with clients and internal partners
- Goal-oriented, with experience managing multiple initiatives and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Experience reviewing, compiling, and analyzing information and preparing reports